When thinking of a “mini” treat, those mini cupcakes or bite-sized brownies probably come to mind. Well, these Mini Cinnamon Loaves are a pretty big treat but since they’re smaller than a traditional-sized loaf, let’s just call them mini. These make a great breakfast or brunch treat but are sweet enough to be considered a dessert as well. Planning a tea party with the ladies? These Mini Cinnamon Loaves would be a hit!
Mini Cinnamon Loaves:
If you’re making these into muffins, I’d recommend splitting the batter into 18 muffins instead of a dozen. For muffins, reduce the baking time by five minutes.
You could stir the topping mixture into the batter before you pour them into the mini loaf pans but I prefer putting it on the top of each uncooked loaf and mixing it in a bit. It gives a nice chewy & sweet topping to the mini loaves after they’ve come out of the oven.
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ¼ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¾ cup milk
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease 10 mini loaf pans.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and granulated together until creamy.
- Beat eggs and vanilla into the butter mixture until well blended.
- Alternate adding milk and flour mixture to the butter mixture, beating between additions, until well mixed.
- Pour evenly into 10 greased mini loaf pans. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine topping ingredients (melted butter, brown sugar and cinnamon) together until well mixed.
- Drop even amounts of topping over each unbaked loaf and swirl the topping a bit to mix it into each unbaked loaf.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of loaf comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool in pan for 1 hour before removing to wire rack to cool completely.
For more delicious brunch or breakfast treat ideas, check out these recipes…
Tropical Banana Bread – A delicious pineapple, carrot and banana combination.
Raspberry White Chocolate Muffins – I’m not a big fan of white chocolate but I sure love it in these muffins!
Visit our Recipes page for even more delicious ideas. Stay updated on the latest recipes and home entertaining ideas by following us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest.
2 thoughts on “Mini Cinnamon Loaves”
This was awesome, I’ll make it again
I think it would be better to have more information, understand the difficulty because I have learned a lot.