A couple of months ago, my son woke up crying with a fever so I went to my medicine cabinet to get the thermometer only to discover that both of my thermometers were no longer working. This is when “update the medicine cabinet” went onto my to-do list. When is the last time you looked through your medicine cabinet to check that everything is working, to dispose of expired products, and to restock some items you may be missing? This list of 15 medicine cabinet essentials is a good place to start but your list may differ slightly based on your family’s health concerns. For example, antihistamines would be on my list due to allergies but if your family doesn’t suffer from allergies, this may not be something you need to stock in your medicine cabinet. You can download this checklist as a free printable.
Medicine Cabinet Essentials:
- acetaminophen (like Tylenol)
- ibuprofen (like Motrin) (read the difference between acetaminophen and ibuprofen here)
- dosage syringe or cup
- antihistamine (for allergies)
- eye drops
- medical tape
- disinfectant wipes
- antibacterial ointment
- cotton balls, pads and swabs
- ice pack and heating pad
There are other items you could have stocked in your medicine cabinet but these are items I usually just purchase as I need them since we don’t use them often here.
- cough medicine
- throat lozenges
- antidiarrheal relief
Plus there are the seasonal items like sunscreen and insect repellent that you may want to add to your list.
You can help keep your family healthy this cold and flu season by getting your flu shot. Shoppers Drug Mart pharmacies offer flu immunizations administered by an injection-certified pharmacist. You don’t even need an appointment! Also, don’t miss this post on 20 Tips To Avoid The Flu to help keep your family healthy.
WIN A COLD & FLU PRIZE PACK!
Let us help you stock that medicine cabinet with this giveaway! Follow the steps below to enter to win a $150 cold and flu prize pack from Shoppers Drug Mart! This prize pack includes:
- Life Brand Hand Sanitizer
- Cough Drops
- Vaporizing Cold Rub
- Electrolyte Maintenance Powder
- Disinfectant Wipes
- PC Chicken Noodle Soup
- PC Facial Tissues
- PC Feeling Soothed Tea
- $100 gift card
Giveaway Rules & Restrictions:
- This giveaway is open to Canadian (excluding Quebec) residents only who are at least 18 years of age. Giveaways are void where prohibited by law.
- Winner will be chosen randomly. Winning entries will be verified prior to contacting the winner.
- Odds of winning depend on number of entrants.
- The giveaway ends January 22nd, 2017 at 11:59pm. A winner will be drawn randomly within 24 hours of the end of the giveaway. The winner will be notified, by email, and will have 48 hours to claim the prize & answer a skill-testing question. If I do not receive a response from the winner within 48 hours, a prize forfeit will be assumed and a new winner will be chosen randomly.
- I reserve the right to disqualify any entries. I reserve the right to end, extend, or change a giveaway for any reason and without prior notice.
- By entering giveaways, you verify that you understand and meet the prize eligibility requirements.
- Please note that Moms & Munchkins is not responsible for sponsors that do not fulfill their prize. I will not be responsible for lost or damaged items. Replacement items will not be provided. We have represented each sponsor with the expectation that they will fulfill their prize in a timely manner. While we are not responsible, we will make every effort to assist the winner in obtaining their prize.
- Please wait 4 weeks for fulfillment of prize. Winners have 8 weeks to report non-fulfillment of prizes.
- Once the winner claims the prize, his/her name will be posted on the giveaway page. Your name, full mailing address and email address will be sent to the prize sponsor so they can contact you to award your prize.
*Disclosure: I was compensated for this post; however, all opinions expressed here are my own.