This Lemon Cranberry Cake is packed with lemon flavor! A sweet & tart cake that would be perfect for a baby shower, bridal shower or your next tea party. This cake starts off with a boxed cake mix so it’s really easy to make. Less time preparing the cake means you have more time for the fun part – eating the cake!
Lemon Cranberry Cake Recipe:
I didn’t start from scratch on this cake because the cake mix fits this recipe perfectly. The lemon flavor is really strong so if you wanted something a little less flavorful, you could cut down to 2 lemons in the cake recipe.
- 1 box French Vanilla cake mix
- 1 box (4-servings) Lemon Instant Pudding Mix
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (3 lemons)
- 1 cup frozen cranberries
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice (2 lemons)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, stir together cake mix and dry pudding mix.
- Add vegetable oil, eggs, milk and lemon juice. Beat until well mixed (about 2 minutes).
- Stir in cranberries.
- Pour cake batter into a greased 9x13 pan.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes (when toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, it's done).
- Cool completely before adding icing.
- Beat butter, powdered sugar and lemon juice together until smooth.
- Spread over cooled cake.
For more tasty recipes, visit our Recipes page. One of our favorite cakes is this Banana Cake made with a boxed mix and banana pudding mix. This is the cake my mom always requests for her birthday – an old family favorite!