My mom is always telling people about how much she loves this banana pudding cake. She doesn’t put icing on hers but I’m a chocoholic so I always load on the chocolate icing. The recipe calls for a yellow cake mix but it’s just as delicious with a white cake mix. The yellow or golden cake mixes can sometimes be difficult to find. You can also add in 3/4 cups of finely chopped walnuts but, due to allergies, we omit the walnuts in our version.
Here’s a short & cute video on how to make this delicious recipe. You’ll find the printable recipe under this video!
Banana Pudding Cake:
A little warning – this is highly addictive! Be sure to have lots of people to share it with or you will eat the entire cake yourself…don’t say I didn’t warn you.
- 1 package yellow or white cake mix
- 1 package instant banana cream pudding mix
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, pudding mix, vegetable oil, eggs and water.
- Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Add bananas and stir well to mix.
- Pour into greased 13" x 9" cake pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
For the icing, I simply used a jar of milk chocolate icing. The cake has so much flavor that it doesn’t really need icing though. I bet a caramel buttercream frosting would be delicious on this too. Great…now I’m craving more cake!
Yes, they do make delicious cupcakes as well – just reduce the baking time to about 20 minutes.