This sponsored post is courtesy of our contributor Michelle…With the recent release of the LEGO Movie on Blu-Ray and DVD, my 3 boys have been obsessed with LEGOS. I have lost count on the many sets they have collected over the years. Now that my youngest son is old enough to build things independently, playing with LEGOS is one of our favorite family pastimes. To expand our LEGO experience, we recently spent the weekend in La Jolla and visited LEGOLAND California. Now that Undercover Tourist covers Southern California, I was able to purchase discount theme park tickets so that we could build our own little LEGO adventure! Be sure to check out our post on Planning A Trip To LEGOLAND California with Undercover Tourist for some great planning tips.
Our Day In LEGOLAND California
By purchasing our tickets in advance on Undercover Tourist, we were able to save money plus skip the ticket line when we arrived at the park. Throughout our day, we enjoyed nice weather, good food and all the fun that LEGOLAND has to offer. We took plenty of pictures, had lunch at Castle Burger, ate Granny’s Apple Fries for dessert and rode as many rides as we could cram into the day. My personal favorite attraction was the Star Wars Miniland, the massive LEGO displays are A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!
The LEGOLAND Brag Book
Since it was my youngest son’s first time visiting LEGOLAND, I decided to create a Brag Book for him using items we collected while at the park.
- Welcome Pamphlet
- Park Map
- Lunch Bag (from my son’s meal at Castle Burger)
- Lego Head Hat (from the Coast Cruise)
- Photo Folder (from our photo experience at the LEGO Technic Coaster)
After collecting coordinating scrapbook paper, using my Sizzix Big Shot and die, I cut 14 2-sided album pages. Using the Sizzix Framelits, I cut out my favorite photos to fit the album pages. I then cut out pieces of the map, hat and photo folder to be used as embellishments. I laminated the word search and connect the dots from the welcome pamphlet (enabling my son to draw on them with a dry eraser marker without damaging the book). I also laminated some smaller LEGO figurines and faces from the lunch bag and park map. I bound the book with 3 binder rings and added a bit of baker’s twine and a laminated tag as a finishing touch.
The LEGOLAND Brag Book is the perfect size for my son’s little hands. Even if he doesn’t fully appreciate it now, I know that he can reflect on the fun day we all shared in the years to come!
Other Materials Used:
- Scrapbook paper
- Xryon Adhesive
- Sizzix Big Shot
- Sizzix Album Cover and Page Die
- Sizzix Framelits
- 3d foam stickers
- Misc. stickers and washi tape
- Binder Rings
- Baker’s Twine
Undercover Tourist Giveaway
Want to win a $100 Undercover Tourist voucher to use towards theme park tickets for your own family? Here’s your chance! Be sure to follow the instructions & rules carefully.
Giveaway Rules & Restrictions:
- This giveaway is open to US residents only who are at least 18 years of age. Giveaways are void where prohibited by law.
- In order to qualify, you must sign up for a free Undercover Tourist account and you must follow at least one of their social media profiles listed below on the entry form.
- Winner will be chosen randomly. Winning entries will be verified prior to contacting the winner.
- Odds of winning depend on number of entrants.
- The giveaway ends on July 27th, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. EST. A winner will be drawn randomly on July 28th, 2014. The winner will be notified, by email, and will have 48 hours to claim the prize. If I do not receive a response from the winner within 48 hours, a prize forfeit will be assumed and a new winner will be chosen randomly.
- I reserve the right to disqualify any entries. I reserve the right to end, extend, or change a giveaway for any reason and without prior notice.
- By entering giveaways, you verify that you understand and meet the prize eligibility requirements.
- Please note that Moms & Munchkins is not responsible for sponsors that do not fulfill their prize. I will not be responsible for lost or damaged items. Replacement items will not be provided. We have represented each sponsor with the expectation that they will fulfill their prize in a timely manner. While we are not responsible, we will make every effort to assist the winner in obtaining their prize.
- Please wait 6 weeks for fulfillment of prize. Winners have 8 weeks to report non-fulfillment of prizes.
- Once the winner claims the prize, his/her name will be posted on the giveaway page. Your name, full mailing address and email address will be sent to the prize sponsor so they can contact you to award your prize.
This giveaway is now closed.
*Disclosure: I am part of the Mom It Forward Blogger Network and I received compensation for this post; however, all opinions expressed here are my own.