Planning a ladybug birthday party for your little one and looking for ideas? Then you’re in luck! Here are some ideas for invitations, decorations, food, activities and treat bags. Printabelle has beautiful free ladybug party printables that would make an excellent addition to your party.
Ladybug Birthday Party – Invitations:
If you are crafty and wanted to make your own invitations, red card stock with black polka dots is the perfect combination for a ladybug party invitation. A green card stock invitation with a sparkling ladybug embellishment is also sure to impress the guests and your little guest of honor. If you’d like something personalized for you, here are a few ideas.
1. Birthday party invitation, Lucky Daisy
2. Birthday party invitation, Ladybug Charm
3. Studio basics: birthday party invitations, Ladybug Picnic
4. Modern Ladybug – Personalized Birthday Party Invitations With Squiggle Shape
5. Ladybug Party Invitations
6. Ladybug Party Personalized Invitation
Ladybug Birthday Party – Decorations:
Plenty of red and black decorations help set the theme for a ladybug party. An outdoor setting with a picnic-type style is nice as well.
1. Ladybug Party Banner
2. Ladybug Party Centerpiece
3. Ladybug Party Mylar Balloon
4. Ladybug Balloon
5. Red and Black Polka Dot Ladybug Balloons
6. Ladybug Wood Crate
Ladybug Birthday Party – Food:
A garden party theme fits well with the ladybug party theme. Food could be as simple as finger sandwiches and picnic salads (pasta salad, potato salad, etc.).
Another idea is to make cheese quesadillas using red wraps. These red circular quesadillas could be cut into pie shaped slices and served with salsa and sour cream. You could even toss a few black olives on the top for decoration…but most kids aren’t a fan of black olives (I know I’m not!).
1. Ladybug Party Table Cover
2. Ladybug Party Dinner Plates
3. Ladybug Party Cups
4. Ladybug Party Beverage Napkins
5. Ladybug Party Napkins
6. Ladybug Dip Bowl and Spreader Set
Ladybug Birthday Party – Dessert:
An easy idea for cupcakes for a ladybug birthday party is to use black cupcake wrappers, top cupcake with red icing and sprinkle black sprinkles on top. If you’re looking for something a little more fancy, here are a few ideas.
1. Ladybug Party Cupcake Wraps with Picks
2. Ladybug Cake Pan
3. Ladybug Party Cake Plates
4. Garden Party Candle
5. Ladybugs Cake Toppers
6. Edible Ladybugs Sugar Decorations
Ladybug Birthday Party – Activities
A fun game for kids of all ages is to have a ladybug scavenger hunt. Hide ladybug stickers around the party area and give each guest a small bucket to find as many ladybugs as they can. The child with the most ladybugs wins a prize!Another fun idea is this Ladybug Puppet Craft.
Ladybug Birthday Party – Treat Bags:
A cute & easy way to make your own party favors is to buy red takeout containers (from your local craft store) and place round black stickers around the outside. Then stock up on red and black candy from your local bulk candy store and have the kids fill up their treat boxes with candy.
Here are some more fun ladybug treat bag ideas:
1. Garden Party Ultimate Favor Set
2. Ladybug Ball
3. Ladybug Lip Gloss
4. Ladybug Wind-Up
5. Ladybug Party Stickers
6. Ladybug Party Deluxe Favor Set
7. Ladybug Party Ultimate Favor Set
8. Ladybug Party Blowout Party Favors
9. Ladybug Party Favor Bags
Do you have a favorite garden bug?
For more fun birthday party ideas including themes, decorating ideas, food ideas, activities, free printables, favor ideas and more, check out our special Birthday Party page.
*Disclosure: I am part of the Amazon.com, Birthday in a Box, Big Dot of Happiness and Tiny Prints, Inc. affiliate programs.