With Father’s Day coming up, I wanted to take an opportunity to tell you about my dad. I don’t talk a lot about my family on the blog because we’re all pretty private people; however, I’m about to spill some news here that I haven’t shared with all of you yet.
My marriage ended last year. I hadn’t shared the news with all of you yet simply because I was trying to figure out my new “normal”. My son lives with me full-time and we’re both doing well. One of my biggest fears was how my son (5 years old) would handle the changes and how he’d react to not having his father around as often. For as much as a 5 year old can understand what this all means, I think he’s handling it pretty well.
My dad has always been very involved in my son’s life and I’m very thankful for that. Now that my son doesn’t have regular contact with his father, it means even more to me to see my dad spending quality time with him. Both of my parents are very involved in my son’s life and I know that has made the changes easier on him. I worry a little less knowing that my dad is a strong male role model for my son when my son’s own father isn’t around. My dad is a hard worker, he’s kind, he helps other people whenever he can and he has a good sense of humour. All great qualities that my son can learn from him just as I have over the years.
What makes your dad special & unique? Mark’s asked Canadians to share stories about what makes their dads so special and they put some of the answers into this sweet video. Warning – you may shed some tears so be prepared!
Father’s Day Gift Ideas For All Types Of Dads
This Father’s Day, my son and I wanted to take my dad shopping and buy him a special gift to thank him for all he does for us. My dad isn’t an easy person to shop for – I usually end up buying him lottery tickets and candy – so this year we wanted to include him in our shopping experience so he could pick out something that he really wanted. Do you struggle to find something perfect for the special dad in your life? You’re going to love how easy Mark’s has made the shopping experience this year!
My dad works a lot, enjoys spending time outdoors, and has a very laid-back & casual style. My mom suggested that my dad get a nice jacket (free of grease from work!) to wear when they go out for dinner but we dropped my mom off to get a haircut before our shopping trip so Dad was on his own to pick out his gift. He picked himself out some socks, a heavy work jacket for winter and a new pair of jeans. I think we have a new tradition of letting Dad pick out his own gift because now I know he has gifts that he’ll actually use.
Mark’s Father’s Day Gift Guide:
At Mark’s, you can find something for all types of dads. Adventurous, the life of the party, golfer or simply casual – Mark’s can help you find the perfect gift for dad. When I visited the store, they had a few tables set out with suggestions on gifts based on dad’s interests and personality. For example, check out the suggestions for the “workman” shown here.
Is the special dad in your life the life of the party? Mark’s has some great suggestions for this personality & style too!
We can’t forget the adventurous dad who loves spending time outdoors and planning adventures with the kids.
In the Mark’s Father’s Day Gift Guide, you’ll also find suggestions for the Sun Seeker, the Golfer and the Coach. What if your dad doesn’t fit any of these descriptions? No problem! Mark’s has a great selection of gift ideas for all budgets so you’re sure to find something that he’ll love.
You’ll find a large range of casual style gifts like hats, sunglasses and sandals for summer adventures.
With such a large selection of shoes, you can find a style that’s perfect for the special dad in your life.
Does your dad need work gloves? You’ll find a huge selection to choose from at Mark’s!
From casual to industrial-style work, you’ll find plenty to choose from for the special dad in your life.
What my dad went straight for were the socks! You’ll find fun designs plus classic styles to choose from.
Are you excited to start shopping for the special dad in your life? We have an exciting giveaway to help you get started! We’re giving away a $50 Mark’s gift card to one lucky winner! Simply follow the steps in the Rafflecopter form below to enter to win.
Giveaway Rules & Restrictions:
- This giveaway is open to Canadian (excluding Quebec) residents only who are at least 18 years of age. Giveaways are void where prohibited by law.
- Winner will be chosen randomly. Winning entries will be verified prior to contacting the winner.
- Odds of winning depend on number of entrants.
- The giveaway ends Wednesday, June 15th, 2016 at 11:59pm. A winner will be drawn randomly within 24 hours of the end of the giveaway. The winner will be notified, by email, and will have 48 hours to claim the prize & answer a skill testing question. If I do not receive a response from the winner within 48 hours, a prize forfeit will be assumed and a new winner will be chosen randomly.
- I reserve the right to disqualify any entries. I reserve the right to end, extend, or change a giveaway for any reason and without prior notice.
- By entering giveaways, you verify that you understand and meet the prize eligibility requirements.
- Please note that Moms & Munchkins is not responsible for sponsors that do not fulfill their prize. I will not be responsible for lost or damaged items. Replacement items will not be provided. We have represented each sponsor with the expectation that they will fulfill their prize in a timely manner. While we are not responsible, we will make every effort to assist the winner in obtaining their prize.
- Please wait 4 weeks for fulfillment of prize. Winners have 8 weeks to report non-fulfillment of prizes.
- Once the winner claims the prize, his/her name will be posted on the giveaway page. Your name, full mailing address and email address will be sent to the prize sponsor so they can contact you to award your prize.
THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED. CONGRATULATIONS TO RON F.
*Disclosure: I was compensated for this post; however, all opinions expressed here are my own.