My friend’s daughter recently turned 3 years old and she had a cute ballerina party theme. There were so many adorable added touches that made this party extra special for the birthday girl. In this post I’ll share some ballerina birthday party ideas for invitations, decorations, food, activities, favors and more.
Ballerina Birthday Party – Invitations:
Invite your guests to come and twirl with the birthday girl using a personalized party invitation. A fun idea is to invite guests to wear their ballerina outfits to the party. For a simple added touch, pink tissue paper can use used to lightly wrap the invitation before placing it into the envelope.
Ballerina Birthday Party – Decorations:
The typical colors for a ballerina themed party are pink and white but that doesn’t mean you can’t spice it up a bit with different shades of pink and a splash of light purple.
In addition to their graceful dance skills, ballerina’s are known for their tutus. There are many cute & fun ways to incorporate tutus and tulle into the party decor:
- invite guests to come to the party dressed as ballerinas (my little guy went to the party dressed as a male ballerina with a black t-shirt and black stretchy pants – he looked adorable!)
- create tulle tutu balloon weights for helium filled pink balloons
- tie tulle ribbons around the invitation before placing them into the envelope
- hang a personalized ribbon held together with strips of tulle
- tie tulle bows on the back of chairs
- tie a tulle ribbon around utensils wrapped in a rolled napkin
- tie tulle bows around small serving bowls
- use tulle ribbon to tie favor bags
- tie tulle around a cake or cupcake stand
- use strips of pink tulle to make a wreath hanging for the front door
- small dress mannequin wearing a tutu skirt
Ballerina print paper plates, hats and napkins are a cute addition to the dining table. For personalized party hats, simply use a printable cupcake circle glued onto a pink paper party hat. All of the printable party supplies featured in this post (banner, cup labels, favor tags and invitation) were created by Just a Little Sparkle.
Large pink tissue balls or paper fans are a cute and inexpensive way to add color to your party decor. Printable cupcake circles can also be glued on the middle of pink paper fans to give them a more personalized look.
Cupcake circles can be used to personalize plastic drinking cups. Simply glue an organza ribbon around the cup and glue on a cupcake circle. Pink paper straws add a special touch to the drinking cups as well. Well-made paper straws can also be used as sticks for cake pops.
Large wooden letters and numbers can be spray painted pink and covered in shimmer. These can be used on top of cake stands or as a cute added touch to the dessert table.
Ballerina Birthday Party – Food:
Bite-sized foods are always a hit at a party. This way people can nibble at the buffet while mingling with other guests. Some great bite-sized food ideas include:
- small hors d’oeuvres like battered cheese sticks, pastry puffs, etc.
- meat & cheese tray
- bread sticks and dip
- sliced fruit
- vegetables & dip
- chips and dip (like spinach dip and salsa)
Dessert selections could include:
- pink cake pops
- cupcakes (regular or mini size) topped with plastic ballerina slippers
- vases filled with pink & white candy
- strawberry tarts
- mini raspberry cheescakes
- pink sherbert
- cookies in ballerina slipper shapes
- pink French macaroon cookies
- pink cotton candy
Pink drink ideas include:
- pink lemonade
- pink sherbert mixed with lemon-lime flavored soda
- bottles of cream soda
- fruit smoothies with strawberries on the rim of the glass
Ballerina Birthday Party – Activities:
A simple but fun activity for the party guests is to put on some music and let the little ones have their own mini dance party. For a more structured activity for older children, you could hire a children’s ballet instructor to come to the party for a fun mini lesson.
A ballerina photo booth is also a fun idea and leaves you with pictures to go along with the thank you cards.
Ballerina Birthday Party – Favors:
Some of my favorite ideas for party favors in a ballerina party are:
- pink ballerina slippers (lounging ones for around the house)
- pink chocolate coated candy
- homemade tutus
- ballerina stickers
- plastic tiaras
- pink tights
Ballerina Birthday Party – Supplies:
Here are a few ballerina birthday party supplies that are tutu cute!
1. Studio Basics Ballet Birthday Photo Invitation
2. Birthday Party Invitation, Ballerina Stage
3. Birthday Party Invitation, Pink Ballerina
4. Ballet Personalized Invitation
5. Ballet Personalized Invitation
6. Ballerina Dinner Plates
7. Ballerina Cake Plates
8. Ballerina Napkins
9. Ballerina Balloon
10. Ballerina Party Hats
11. Ballerina Cupcake Wrappers
12. Ballerina Pinata
13. Ballerina Table Cover
14. Meri Meri The Ballet Cupcake Kit
15. Large Ballet Slippers Balloon
16. Ballerina Girl Pink Tutu Dress Mannequin Jewelry Stand
17. Ballerina Slippers Pearlized Cupcake Rings
18. Ballet Slipper Birthday Cupcake Rings
Just a Little Sparkle – Printable Party Package
For more creative party ideas, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Bloglovin’.
*Disclosure: I am part of the Birthday in a Box, Amazon and Tiny Prints, Inc. affiliate programs. The printable party set was provided by Just a Little Sparkle. All opinions expressed here are my own.
11 thoughts on “Tutu Cute Ballerina Birthday Party”
What an adorable birthday theme for a little girl!
Super cute! I love the idea of the guests coming in ballet costumes and dancing around.
Visiting from A-Zebra Celebrations,
It’s such a cute idea for little girls!
Oh this is such an adorable idea for little girls!! I adore it! You did such a cute job putting everything together!!
My readers would love to see these decorations! I’d love it if you linked this up over at Living Well Spending Less for Thrifty Thursday this week!
Thank you, Ruth! I’ll pop over now.
Such a beautiful party! My daughter would love a ballerina party. Love those cute little cupcakes. If you get a chance, please link up to my linky party.
Thank you, I’ll pop by!
This is so cute – what great ideas! I have all boys but I know some Mamas that will love this.
On behalf of Lisa, Cindy and myself, thanks so much for sharing this at our “Best Of The Weekend party”! I have pinned it to our party board and to another big board too.
We hope to see you back again when the party kicks off this Friday eve at 8PM EST.
Have a great week!
Cute party! Thanks for linking up with me for Friday Favorites! I’m featuring you this week!