A baseball party is a fun idea for a birthday party or a summer family barbeque. Your party could take place outdoors in a baseball diamond or even just in your own backyard complete with your own dugout area and concession stand. Here you’ll find ideas for invitations, decorations, activities, food, dessert and treat bags.
Baseball Party – Invitations
Your invitation wording could include phrases such as “Take me out to the ball game”, “Play Ball”, “Game On” or “This party is sure to be a home run!”. Here are some fun ideas for invitation designs. 1. Party invitations, Game Time: Baseball
2. Birthday party invitation, Baseball Glove
3. Studio basics: birthday party invitations, Baseball Bear: Blue Moon
4. Birthday party invitation, Baseball Pinstripes
5. Sports Party Personalized Invitation
6. Sports Birthday Personalized Invitation
Baseball Party – Decor
If you are hosting your party at a baseball diamond, part of your decor will already be complete! You can create your own baseball diamond setup at home with bases, a dugout area with bench seating, concession stand, and a baseball diamond playing area. Here are a few other fun ideas such as balloons, wall decals and a pinata. 1. Baseball Balloon
2. Baseball Pennant Banner
3. Large 46″ Baseball Dude Foil Balloon. Great For Parties
4. Baseball Pinata
5. Instant Murals Baseball Wall Transfer Stickers – Sports Balls
6. Kid’s Sports Baseball
Baseball Party – Activities
What would a baseball party be without a game of baseball, right?! If you are having your party at a baseball park, you could have the kids play in the baseball diamond. If you are setting up the party at home or in a large gym, you can set up your own playing field with bases (could be as simple as cutouts of paper), baseball gloves, inflatable baseball bats and foam baseballs. The inflatable bats & foam balls are great for playing in a smaller area like in a backyard or inside.
You could set up your own baseball training camp with obstacle courses, batting practice and playing catch. 1. Inflatable Baseball Party Game
2. BSN Orange Throw Down Bases (5 Piece )
3. Glove and Ball Set
4. Franklin Sports Mlb Pitching Machine
5. Inflatable Flame Baseball Bats (1 dz)
6. Franklin Sports MLB Foam Balls
Baseball Party – Food
A fun idea for a baseball party is to set up the food as a concession stand. You could serve hotdogs, popcorn, fries, corn dogs, burgers and anything else that you may find at a baseball game concession stand. There are many fun concession containers (hot dog holders, popcorn bags) to choose from to make it look more in the theme of a ball game.
Have you heard the classic song “Take me out to the ball game”? Then you know about the “Peanuts & Cracker Jack” line. You could have a snack area with peanuts (the marshmallow peanuts are a great alternative to the real thing due to peanut allergies) and Cracker Jack. 1. Rawlings Baseball 9 oz. Party Cups 18 Pack
2. All-Star – Baseball Dinner Plate (8 ct)
3. Baseball Fan Lunch Napkins 16ct
4. Circus Marshmallow Peanuts, 16 Oz. (1 Lb)
5. Cracker Jack – 24/1.25 oz. bags
6. Plastic Hot Dog Holders
7. Dozen Popcorn Paper Bags
8. 2-Pack Appetizer Cones with Ramekin
9. CreativeWare 1.5-Gallon Bark Beverage Dispenser
Baseball Party – Dessert
There are so many ideas for dessert that fit perfectly into a baseball party theme. You could set out an ice cream sundae bar with mini plastic ball caps for the kids to fill with ice cream and delicious toppings.
If you plan on baking a cake, there are fun cake molds like a baseball glove or bat that you could bake the cake in. Even a regular slab cake can be decorated easily with small baseball player figurines.
Cupcakes are always popular at parties. Check out some fun cupcake icing toppers like baseball gloves, bats or baseballs.
Your concession stand could also include a fun dessert like cotton candy. 1. MLB Mini Plastic Baseball Caps – Set of all 30 teams
2. Wilton Baseball Mitt Pan
3. Wilton Baseball Topper Set With Decals
4. 6 pc Baseball Glove Birthday Cake Candles
5. Major League Baseball Candle
6. Fox Run Baseball Theme Standard Bake Cups, 50 Cups
Baseball Party – Treat Bags
Baseball tattoos, inflatable baseball bats, chocolate baseballs, Big League Chew, foam baseballs…there are so many fun ideas for baseball treat bags! You could also add in more marshmallow peanuts and small bags of Cracker Jack. 1. Mini Foam Baseball
2. Baseball Favor Set
3. Baseball Stickers
4. Baseballs Premium Solid Milk Chocolate Balls (1 Lb – 80 Pcs)
5. Two Dozen (24pc) Baseball Rubber Duck Party Favors
6. Temporary Baseball Tattoos (6 dz)
7. Inflatable Baseball 16
8. Big League Chew
9. Baseball Air Blaster (1 dozen) – Bulk [Toy]
Have you ever been to a professional baseball game? If so, what was your favorite part?
For more fun birthday party ideas including themes, decorating ideas, food ideas, activities, free printables, favor ideas and more, check out our special Birthday Party page.
Disclosure: I am part of the Amazon, Big Dot of Happiness, Beau-coup, Tiny Prints, Inc. and Birthday in a Box affiliate programs. All opinions expressed here are 100% my own.