This post on back to school favor bags is courtesy of our contributor Dawn…I can’t even believe how Back to School season crept up on me! I’m in serious denial, so school related crafting is needed. If you are hosting a Back To School party or playdate, or just want a little something special for the first day of school, these crayon bag place cards are perfect and so easy to make. Yes, the 3D apple looks complicated, but it’s not.
Back To School Favor Bags – What You’ll Need:
- notebook little Bitty Bags or 2.75″ x 4″ glassine bags
- 1 ½ ” circle punch or template
- red and green cardstock
- brown rope or twine
- 6 crayons per place card bag
1. Add your crayons to the Bitty Bag; since they are taller than the bag, note where they peek out to your liking and trim bag down accordingly.
2. Punch four circles out of the red cardstock and one out of the green cardstock.
3. Fold three of the red circles in half and apply adhesive to one side.
4. Adhere all of the folded circles together to create a little stack; be sure and line them up evenly along their fold lines.
5. Use hot glue to adhere the stack centered, on the fourth red circle.
6. Fold the green circle in half and trim down for the apple leaf.
7. Adhere the apple to the bag; hot glue the rope/twine for the apple stem then hot glue the leaf on top.
8. Fill bag with crayons or other treats.
You can find mini easels at any craft store in the art supply section. Use them unfinished or feel free to paint or glitter them up.
A perfect way to send them back to school!
I hope you are inspired to make going back to school more fun and less of a chore. Need more back to school party inspiration? I’ve got lots of parties and crafts on my blog like my Back To School Playdate, Vintage ABC and more!
A huge THANK YOU to Dawn of Not Just A Mommy for sharing this creative idea with us. Over on her blog you’ll find loads of inspiration for all types of parties. You can also follow her on Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter for even more creative ideas.