The warm weather has finally arrived! Do you know what that means? BBQ season! Yes, it’s time to invite your friends and family over for some delicious food, great company and maybe a water balloon fight or two. One way that I know summer is on its way is the delicious smell of the BBQ food throughout the neighbourhood. Do you make a delicious burger? Perhaps you have a recipe for a pasta salad that can’t be beat. One of my favourites is always the potato salad and with the BBQ season now here it is time to try some new potato salad recipes.
My favourite place to go for new recipe ideas is LifeMadeDelicious.ca. All of the recipes are easy to follow and they all include a delicious picture. So with a little search on “potato salad recipes”, I came up with two new recipes to try and I’ll share them both here with you.
Potato Salad Recipes – Loaded Potato Salad:
When you order a baked potato at a restaurant, do you ask for them to bring out the tray with all the delicious toppings? Then you’re sure to love this Loaded Potato Salad.
- 2 lbs new red potatoes with skins (2 lbs)
- ⅓ cup water
- ¼ cup fresh chives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon milk
- ¼ cup real bacon bits
- ¼ cup red bell pepper, chopped
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Place potatoes and water in a large microwavable bowl.
- Cover and microwave on High 8 to 10 minutes or just until potatoes are tender.
- Drain potatoes.
- Stir in chives, butter, salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate uncovered 10 minutes (cool potatoes completely).
- In small bowl mix sour cream, mayonnaise and milk.
- Stir sour cream mixture, bacon, bell pepper and cheese into potatoes.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until serving time.
Potato Salad Recipes – Greek Potato Salad:
I love Greek salad so I knew I’d love this potato salad version. It’s so delicious that you forget that it’s good for you too! You’ll find the Greek Potato Salad recipe here.
Do you have any favourite potato salad recipes? Want to share your secret ingredient? Let us know in the comments below.
Disclosure: I am part of the Life Made Delicious Blogger program and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.