It’s that time of year again…time for family pictures! Yesterday we put on our best outfits and displayed our best “cheese” smiles for our Sears family portraits. You could also win a free portrait session from Sears – keep reading to find out how!
While I was in Toronto last month, I was able to visit The Baby’s Room at Sears for a tour of their new setup & selection. In case you missed it, here’s a review of The Baby’s Room at Sears (this review was done in my own city in Saskatchewan). They have an amazing new arrangement & product selection that really helps with your shopping experience.
During my Toronto visit, I was able to select a handsome outfit for my son to wear for our family pictures. We went with a cute sweater vest, dress pants and white shirt along with the cutest little tie that has tiny skulls on it. I’m sure I won’t like him wearing skulls as a teen but since he’s only 17 months old, it looks pretty darn cute!
Until November 8th, you can save 25% off dresswear at Sears. This sale includes dresswear for infants all the way up to teen-wear so you can buy beautiful holiday wear for all of your kids. As an added bonus, if you spend $50 or more you also receive a coupon for a free Sears photo session along with 10 free photo greeting cards.
Looking for adorable dresswear for your kids? Check out what Sears has to offer:
Sears Family Portraits – Our Session:
We used our portrait coupon yesterday for our Sears family portraits session. This was our first time having professional photos done as a family. I wasn’t sure what to expect as it can be difficult to get our son to sit still for photos. Needless to say, I wasn’t surprised when he kept getting up and running away.
Our photographer was great with him and assured us that he’s not the first runaway baby she’s tried to photograph. We used a few small props to try to keep him focused. He really liked the small silver jingle bell and it actually looks cute in the pictures. I think it’s a perfect fit for holiday photos. We were able to get quite a few great family shots as well as some of just my son.
We used a plain white background but you have many options to choose from for your Sears family portraits.
Here are a few tips for family portraits with a little one:
- Bring something to keep him entertained. Perhaps your child has a favorite stuffed animal and you wouldn’t mind including it in your family portrait. Be sure to bring it along! Sears also has a few props you can choose from to include in your session.
- Bring along a snack and a drink for your little one. After the photos are taken, you will wait a few minutes for them to bring the pictures up on the computer. You’ll then look through the pictures and decide which ones you’d like to have printed. This can be a long process (if you’re like me and have trouble making decisions when it’s something as cute as photos of your child) so having snacks and a drink is a great idea.
- Make a checklist before you leave for your Sears family portraits session. Do you have all of your clothing with you (including shoes), snack, drink and a small prop if needed?
- Most children will wiggle around during the photo sessions and the photographer expects that so don’t worry when your little one seems to have ants in his pants.
- Remember that it will take at least a couple of weeks for your pictures to come in so be sure to schedule your Sears family portraits session with this in mind if you plan on sending out photos with your holiday cards.
Before I get into the fun giveaway, I have to share a funny story with you. After our photo session was done, a little girl (about 3 years old) came in dressed in a beautiful holiday dress. My son played with her while I looked through our photos. Then I overheard her say “You need a bath!”. Ha! I promise you we did bathe him before his photo session and I think he was looking pretty darn handsome but she kept repeating “Hey! You need to have a bath!”. I was having a good laugh at it but I think her parents were a bit embarrassed.
Now here’s your chance to win a certificate for your own Sears family portraits session along with 10 free photo greeting cards! Not only do you get a certificate to enjoy but you will also receive a second one to hand out to friends or family!
I gave my second one to my best buddy who is likely in the hospital having the baby as I type this! This is her second child and I’m sure she’ll get some beautiful pictures of her daughter and her newest bundle of joy.
The lucky winner must reside in Canada and be 18 years of age or older. You can enter across multiple blogs (follow the hashtag #SearsBabysRoom on Twitter to find the other participating blogs) but you can only win on one blog. The winner will be randomly chosen on November 22nd. The winner will be notified by email and must respond to the email within 48 hours to claim the prize. If I do not receive an email from the lucky winner within 48 hours, a prize forfeit is assumed and a new winner will be chosen. By entering this giveaway, you verify that you understand and meet the prize eligibility requirements. You can enter using the Rafflecopter form below. Good Luck!
This giveaway is now closed. The lucky winner was Denise G.
Disclosure: I am part of the Sears – The Baby’s Room Ambassador program with Mom Central Canada and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.