Creating a time capsule for kids is a great family fun activity that the whole family can participate in. This is a great way to capture a moment in time that your family can go back and look at later. You’ll need to set yourself a reminder to go back and look inside the time capsule in a few years.
Here are some fun ideas for items to include in your family time capsule:
- A Current Newspaper: It would be a great reminder of what was going on in the world on the day you created your time capsule.
- A Sales Flyer: It would be interesting to go back and see how the cost of items have changed over the years.
- A Take Out Menu: Include a take out menu from your favorite restaurant as a reminder of your favorite foods!
- Family Photo: Include a current family photo in front of your house or on a recent family vacation.
- A Letter To Your Future Self: Each family member could write a letter to their future self including items like what do they think they’ll be doing in 10 years, where do they see themselves living in 10 years, where do they hope they’ve traveled, what do they hope they drive, etc.
- Personal Quiz: Each family member can complete this free printable personal quiz about themselves. It summarizes all of their current favorites.
- Favorites: Of course you don’t want to put away your favorite things in a time capsule, but how about including pictures of them? This could include pictures of your kids with their favorite toy, a picture of yourself in your favorite outfit, etc.
- Drawings: Have your children create drawings to include in the time capsule.
- Craft: Have your family complete a small craft together and include this in the time capsule.
- Catalogue: Include a toy catalogue in the time capsule for kids and have them circle everything on their current wishlist.
- Write a Poem: As a family, write a funny rhyming poem to include in the time capsule.
- Photos: Include a few photos of memorable events throughout the past year like birthdays, holidays, special awards, vacations, etc.
What items would you include in a time capsule for kids? Have you ever made a time capsule?