This free printable newspaper scavenger hunt is a great way to entertain the kids during your morning breakfast. It’s also a great opportunity for teaching them how to navigate through a newspaper.
Newspaper Scavenger Hunt Ideas:
- something being given away for free
- an article about animals
- an article about an act of kindness
- an advertisement for an upcoming event
- a movie listing for a cartoon you’d like to see
- an article about the weather
- an article related to politics
- something on sale for more than $200,000
- a comic strip involving an animal that could be a pet
- an article about a fundraising event
- a red vehicle for sale
- a job posting for a job in construction
- a house for sale listed in your area
- a birth announcement
- a posting for Lost & Found
- a story about bravery
- an advertisement for sporting goods
- an engagement announcement
- an entertainment review
- an advertisement for travel
Depending on the ages of your little ones, you may have to help a bit for the searching. Since each newspaper is different, this is a fun game you can enjoy more than once!
What are your favorite sections of the newspaper to look through? I always peek at the announcements section in the weekend paper to see if I recognize any newly engaged or married couples.
Looking for more fun & free printable scavenger hunts? Click here for the Moms & Munchkins free printable games page. We have plenty of other ideas for scavenger hunts, charades, word searches and other fun games.