No parent wants to see their little one sick but that flu season always seems to make a stop at your home! Having a Sick Day Activities Kit stashed away is always a great idea to try to brighten your little one’s day while he’s stuck indoors.
Sick Day Activities – Packing Your Kit:
There are so many fun ideas for packing a sick day activities kit!
- coloring books
- a new movie
- microwavable popcorn
- temporary tatoos
- small toys & games
- band-aids and small stuffed animals they can help nurse back to health
- small pill containers filled with jelly beans
I’ve created this free printable for your sick day activities kit. It includes a label for the top of your kit, labels for jelly bean pill bottles, and a recipe for Feeling Better Juice. Be sure to pack some candy lemon slices and a silly straw for your juice recipe.
The jelly bean pill bottle labels are for Giggle Pills (perfect to eat while watching a funny movie), Silly Pills (perfect for eating while playing a fun game) and Creative Pills (perfect for eating when creating craft masterpieces).
Some other fun ideas for keeping entertained on a sick day are:
- having a bath with unlimited bubbles
- watching some new or favorite movies
- Play-Doh creations
- playing boardgames
- playing card games
- starting a sticker book
- making a collage of things you like using old magazines and newspapers
- building blocks
- creating an indoor fort to take a nap in
- completing a word search puzzle (see our free printable games page)
- hosting a fun tea party for all your toys
- having an indoor picnic of chicken noodle soup and juice
- reading your favorite books
Other than curling up in bed with a cozy blanket, what are your favorite sick day activities?
Looking for more family fun ideas? Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for the latest ideas!