The Ready to Pop Baby Shower is such a popular theme right now. Here are some fun ideas for invitations, decorations, activities, food and favors.
Ready to Pop Baby Shower – Invitations:
Have you ever shopped on Etsy? I must admit – I’m a little addicted! All of the designs there are so cute! There are several different suppliers that have created cute Ready to Pop baby shower invitations, here are links to a few of my favorites:
Ready to Pop Baby Shower – Decorations:
When you think of “pop”, what comes to mind? Balloons? Party poppers with streamers & confetti? Popcorn? Bubble gum? All of these popping items can be incorporated into your party.
Each place setting could include a fun party popper (when twisted, they shoot out confetti and streamers). This may be a bit messy to clean up so you can leave these as party favors for the guests to bring home.
Balloons are an easy decoration item for this party theme. You could have helium balloons covering the ceiling or inflated balloons on the floor (or both).
Your dessert table can also be used as a center of attention at the party. I’ll talk about dessert table ideas a little lower down in this post. 1. Confetti Party Poppers 12ct
2. Standard Helium Balloon Kit Party Accessory
3. Latex Balloons
Ready to Pop Baby Shower – Activities:
There are so many fun activity ideas that fall into the Ready to Pop baby shower theme!
- Biggest Bubble: Give each guest a piece of bubble gum and have each guest blow a bubble at the same time. The goal is to create the biggest bubble without it popping!
- Catching Bubbles: Provide each guests with a small container of bubbles. The person who can pile the most bubbles on their wand at once is the winner.
- Pop Quiz: Create a fun Pop Quiz for the guests including facts about babies, pregnancy and the mommy-to-be (or print this one for free). Provide each guest with a dry erase sheet, a dry erase marker and a paper towel. Ask one question and have the guests quickly write their answer on their dry erase sheet. You can use a Jack in The Box as the timer for each question – after you ask a question, start winding up the Jack in The Box. When the Jack in The Box pops – each guest must hold up their answer for everyone else to see. The person with the most correct answers wins!
- Pop Music Charades: Print this free pop music charades game, cut out each of the charades, fold them and place them into a balloon. Blow the balloon up and store all of these charades balloons in a laundry basket. Split the guests into 2 teams. Team A goes first by 1 player taking a balloon out of the basket, popping it, reading their charade and acting it out for their team. Their team has to guess the right answer before time runs out in order to earn a point.
1. Dubble Bubble Tub Original Flavor 380 Ct
2. Balloon Pump
3. 11 Inch Assortment Qualatex Latex Balloons 100CT
4. Amazing Baby Jack in the Box Musical Toy
5. Bubble Bottles Asst. (24 count)
6. Gowrite Dry Erase Sheets
Ready to Pop Baby Shower – Food:
Appetizer foods (such as jalapeno poppers) are an excellent choice for a baby shower. By creating small bite-sized snacks, you can have a larger variety of foods and guests can sample a little bit of everything. Here are a few of my favorite appetizer recipes. 1. Taste of Home: The New Appetizer
2. Jalapeno Poppers and Other Stuffed Chili Peppers
3. Tablecraft Mediterranean Collection Black Metal 2-Tier Display
Ready to Pop Baby Shower – Desserts:
With a Ready to Pop baby shower theme, there are so many fun (and delicious) ideas for a dessert table. How many “pop” foods can you think of? Here’s a few that popped into my mind:
- candied popcorn
- caramel popcorn
- pop rocks
- pop tarts
- popcorn balls (click here for the recipe)
- variety of pop (soda)
- cola pop bottle gummy candies
- cake pops
1. Pop Rocks Mini Pouches 20 packs
2. Nostalgia Hot Air Popcorn Maker
3. Tender Pop Hulless Popcorn Kernels 2 Lbs
4. Clear Flip-cap Bottles, 12 Pack
5. Apothecary Jar, H-9.5″ – Candy Buffet Container
6. Apothecary Jar, H-14.25″ – Candy Buffet Container
7. Pop-Tarts Frosted Cookies & Cream
8. Haribo Gummi Candy, Happy Cola
9. The Candy Popcorn Kit
Ready to Pop Baby Shower – Favors:
A simple idea for shower favors is to leave treat bags by the dessert table and ask guests to fill their bag with treats to take home. Some other fun ideas include personalized popcorn favors and delicious cake pops. 1. About to Pop” Popcorn Favor Boxes
2. About to Pop” Notepad Favor
3. Mini Personalized Cupcake Brownie Favor Pop
4. About to Pop” Microwave Popcorn Favor
5. Leopard & Love Baby Blue Cake Pop Kit
6. Layered Cake Push Pop
Near the end of your pregnancy, did you feel like you were going to pop? I know I sure did!
For more baby shower tips, theme ideas and free printable games, please see our Baby Shower page.
We’re always adding new party ideas for baby showers, birthdays and more. To stay updated on the latest ideas, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Bloglovin’.
Disclosure: I am part of the Beau-coup and Amazon affiliate programs. All opinions expressed here are 100% my own. Digital paper design by Pixel Paper Prints.
1 thought on “Ready to Pop Baby Shower”
Thanks for featuring my About To Pop Baby Shower invitation design! I appreciate the mention. 🙂