This pumpkin loaf wasn’t out of the oven for more than 15 minutes before I saw my 3 year old son picking big chunks out of the side and eating what he calls “pumpkin cake”. What happens when mom says “No pumpkin loaf before dinner”? You wait until she’s not looking and just grab chunks off the side of the loaf while it’s cooling. What a little stinker!
I think it’s pretty obvious that my son gives this pumpkin loaf two thumbs up. I baked two loaves and they disappeared quickly so I’ve put this on my must make again soon list.
This pumpkin loaf is really easy to make. This recipe makes two loaves and they freeze well.
- 3 cups flour, all-purpose
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1.5 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup vanilla pudding (or 1 vanilla pudding cup)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Spray two loaf pans with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, salt and baking soda together. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together sugar, pumpkin puree, vegetable oil, eggs, pudding, vanilla and cinnamon. Stir well to mix.
- Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture and stir well to mix.
- Pour into two loaf pans and bake for 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.
For more delicious recipe ideas, visit our Party Food & Family Meals page.
If you loved this recipe, check out these Butternut Squash Cupcakes with Caramel Buttercream.
We’re always adding new & delicious recipe ideas for family meals, entertaining, kid-friendly recipes for parties and more! Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google + and Bloglovin’ for the latest updates.
5 thoughts on “Pumpkin Loaf (or “pumpkin cake” according to my toddler)”
Lovely recipe, we’ve got lots of home grown pumpkins to use, so will definitely try this
I hope you like it as much as my toddler does, Hannah!
Anything pumpkin I have to try. This looks great.
Thank you, Laina!
Hello from Monday Funday. This pumpkin loaf looks so moist and delicious. My kids will love it.