Looking for something fun for your children to play at the museum that will help them learn more about the museum and displays? Then try this free printable museum scavenger hunt. It’s a fun way to discover more about the museum and a great opportunity to closely examine some displays that you may have been passing by. What’s your favorite area of the museum? Did it make it onto this free printable game?
Museum Scavenger Hunt – To Find:
- an animal that hibernates during the winter
- an animal’s name that begins with “W”
- an animal smaller than you
- an animal that was extinct before you were born
- an animal that is in danger of becoming extinct
- a museum artifact from another country
- an interactive learning tool
- a sign that says “Do Not Touch”
- an artifact that is from your hometown
- an animal with webbed toes
- an animal that could fit into the palm of your hand
- an animal that doesn’t eat meat
- an animal that typically lives in a tree
- a display of an animal creating their own home
- an animal that you might find in your yard
- a plaque honoring someone
- a display under construction
- a display of an animal taking care of its’ babies
- an information brochure
- a museum tour guide
Remember – don’t touch anything you aren’t supposed to at the museum! Most of the items on this list you’ll just have to point at and write down.
For more fun & free printable game ideas, visit our Printable Games page. We have loads of freebies to share with you like scavenger hunts, word searches, word scrambles, charades, BINGO cards and more.