They’re back! The lovable Minions from the Despicable Me movies are back in their own Minions movie. My son loves these little yellow guys and I know he’s really going to enjoy the movie. We don’t take him out to movies often but I think we’ll have to check this one out in the theatre because we can’t wait for it to come out on video! As I’m sure you’ve noticed, Minions are popping up everywhere! You’ll find them on posters, commercials, in the toy stores, grocery stores and more. It’s tough to go out these days without a few Minions catching a ride home with us. My little man was thrilled to receive a backpack of Minions goodies from our friends at General Mills and we have an exciting contest where two of our lucky readers will win a similar prize pack! I’ll share contest details with you shortly.
Minions Treats & Snacks:
I discovered the Special Edition Minions banana berry flavour cereal in the store a couple of weeks ago and I’ve been eating it for breakfast every morning since! With the cute packaging, I’m sure it’s meant for a younger audience but it’s too delicious to pass by.
Speaking of breakfast, the Minion Yoplait Tubes make a yummy breakfast snack too! We used some of ours in a blender with juice and frozen strawberries to create a Minions breakfast smoothie. They are also great frozen as a cool treat on a hot summer day.
Due to nut allergies, it can be tough to find safe snack foods so I was excited to see the new Minions Chocolatey Banana soft baked cookies with the nut-free label stamped across the front.
My son’s snack of choice are the fruit flavoured snacks so I always carry a bag of them in my purse for treat time. He’s great for sharing his toys but don’t bother asking him to share his Minion fruit snacks…it won’t happen.
We wanted to create a new tasty treat using some of the Minions snacks so we made a yummy Minions Popcorn Cake using the fruit flavoured snacks and the Fruit Gushers.
I used my grandma’s popcorn cake recipe and topped it Minions fruit flavoured snacks. It was delicious! I guess it’s great for all ages because my husband took the majority of it to work for a mid-day snack. I think I’m seeing a pattern here with the guys in my life not sharing the treats around here with me!
Since the Minions backpack arrived at our front door, my son won’t leave the house without it. He’s been packing toys and treats in there for our trips to the park and he’s so proud to show all his friends his cool Minions backpack.
We want to see the creative ways you enjoy your Minions treats so we have an exciting contest to share with you!
Ready to try these tasty Minions treats? Don’t delay because they’re only available for a limited time so check your local grocery store on your next trip. We have an exciting giveaway where TWO lucky Moms & Munchkins readers will win their own Minions prize packages! Each prize package includes a selection of General Mills Minions treats, a Minions backpack and movie passes! Follow the easy steps in the entry form below to be eligible to win. Good luck!
Giveaway Rules & Restrictions:
- This giveaway is open to Canadian (excluding Quebec) residents only who are at least 18 years of age. Giveaways are void where prohibited by law.
- Winners will be chosen randomly. Winning entries will be verified prior to contacting the winner.
- Odds of winning depend on number of entrants.
- The giveaway ends July 24, 2015 at 11:59pm. A winner will be drawn randomly within 24 hours of the end of the giveaway. The winner will be notified, by email, and will have 48 hours to claim the prize. If I do not receive a response from the winner within 48 hours, a prize forfeit will be assumed and a new winner will be chosen randomly.
- I reserve the right to disqualify any entries. I reserve the right to end, extend, or change a giveaway for any reason and without prior notice.
- By entering giveaways, you verify that you understand and meet the prize eligibility requirements.
- Please note that Moms & Munchkins is not responsible for sponsors that do not fulfill their prize. I will not be responsible for lost or damaged items. Replacement items will not be provided. We have represented each sponsor with the expectation that they will fulfill their prize in a timely manner. While we are not responsible, we will make every effort to assist the winner in obtaining their prize.
- Please wait 4 weeks for fulfillment of prize. Winners have 8 weeks to report non-fulfillment of prizes.
- Once the winner claims the prize, his/her name will be posted on the giveaway page. Your name, full mailing address and email address will be sent to the prize sponsor so they can contact you to award your prize.
This giveaway is now closed. The lucky winners are Tanya B and Corry L!
*Disclosure: I was compensated for this post; however, all opinions expressed here are my own.
For more fun Minions ideas like party ideas, favors and more, visit our special Minions category!