Trying to decide on a party favor can be a difficult task. There are so many ideas for goody bag fillers but what are some good ideas that will be put to use? For a fun craft idea for your kids, you can work with them to create homemade party favors to give to the party guests. It’s a great way to get your kids involved in the party planning process.
Homemade Party Favors:
- small glass jar filled with homemade cookies and topped with a “Cookie Jar” personalized label
- cake pops
- cupcake bites (like cake pops but without the stick)
- cookie dough truffles
- mini flower pots decorated and personalized
- chocolate pops using molds from your local craft store
- homemade soaps, lotions, scrubs or lip gloss (check out these great ideas by Angie with Echoes of Laughter)
- salty snack mix in a tin (here are a few recipe ideas)
- dry cookie mix in a jar with baking directions
- for a candy buffet, have your kids decorate the treat boxes
- felt hand puppets
- homemade jewelry like necklaces and bracelets
- homemade bubble mix
- melt crayons to make new color mixtures and use fun shaped silicone trays to make silly shapes
- small canvas tote bags with iron-on monograms (check out Society Shirts for inexpensive personalized iron-ons)
- personalized wrappers for chocolate bars
- homemade play dough with cookie cutters and mini rolling pins
- gummy candy kabobs
- candy apples
- chocolate dipped and candy coated pretzel rods
- use cookie cutters to make fun shaped Rice Krispie treats then dip one side in chocolate and roll in sprinkles
In addition to homemade party favors, your kids can also make homemade thank you cards to mail out after the party.
Have you ever made homemade party favors? If so, what type of party favors did you make?
For more birthday party ideas, head over to our Birthday Party page. If you’re looking for adorable party supplies, check out one of my favorites – Birthday in a Box and save 10% off on all orders over $50 – Use code BDAY10 (a Moms & Munchkins affiliate code).