This Cream Puff Cake has to be one of my most favorite recipes! It has been a hit with everyone who has tried it – even my dad who seriously complains about every meal and treat (my poor mom). It is really easy to make and doesn’t take much preparation time at all. It’s a great light dessert for summer parties and potluck dinners.
Cream Puff Cake Recipe:
- 1 cup boiling water
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup flour
- 4 eggs
- 2 packages instant vanilla pudding
- 2½ cups milk
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8 oz) Cool Whip
- 1 jar squeezable chocolate fudge syrup
- ½ cup silvered almonds (optional)
- Combine water and butter in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Add flour and remove from burner.
- Mix together well.
- Add eggs (one at a time - very important), beating well after each is added.
- Spread evenly in an ungreased 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Bake at 400 F for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and press center of cake down with a large spoon to deflate cake, leaving high edges. Cool.
- Blend cream cheese until smooth. Add dry pudding mix and milk. Beat until creamy.
- Spread into cooled cake shell.
- Top with Cool Whip. Drizzle chocolate syrup over top of Cool Whip. Garnish with almonds.
- Chill 2 hours before serving.
For more delicious recipes, check out our special Recipes page. Since I love everything to do with parties and entertaining, you’ll find plenty of recipe ideas perfect for celebrations, potluck dinners, BBQ feasts, appetizers for entertaining and more. My favorite food group is dessert – okay…it’s not a food group but I still love it.