If you’re looking for a delicious dessert for your next party that’s easy to make – this Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake is the recipe you’ve been looking for! It starts with a chocolate chip cookie base, then an irresistible cheesecake loaded with chocolate chip cookies, topped with chocolate frosting and more chocolate chip cookies. Drooling yet? Me too!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake:
I don’t start from scratch with every step of this dessert. If you have a favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe you want to bake & use for this recipe – go for it! I took the easy route and used a Betty Crocker Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix for the base, Chips Ahoy Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies in the cheesecake and on top plus a jar of Betty Crocker Chocolate Frosting. You could make your own cookies and frosting but who has the time for all that, right?
- Betty Crocker Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix plus the ingredients it calls for on the package (eggs, oil and water)
- 3 packages (250 g each) cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 package (13 oz) Nabisco Chips Ahoy! Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies, coarsely chopped
- 1 package (16 oz) Betty Crocker Chocolate Frosting
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Make cookie mix as directed on the package using the oil, water and egg.
- Spread dough evenly in ungreased 9" round springform pan.
- Bake 20 minutes just until dough is set.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325F.
- Combine cream cheese and sugar in large bowl; beat with an electric mixer on low speed until smooth.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition and occasionally scraping side of bowl.
- Beat in sour cream, vanilla and flour.
- Stir in 1 cup chocolate chip cookie pieces. Reserve the rest of the chocolate chip cookie pieces for decorating the top of the cake after adding the frosting.
- Pour batter over crust; smooth top.
- Bake until top is golden and center is set (no longer jiggling), about 60-70 minutes. Let cool on wire rack.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Run knife around inside of pan before removing cheesecake.
- Top with chocolate frosting and remainder of crushed cookies.
- Store leftovers in refrigerator.
Another cheesecake recipe I’d highly recommend is this Chocolate Macaroon Cheesecake. So yummy!
Or if you’re short on time and looking for a quick & easy dessert, check out this No Bake Macaroon Cheesecake Parfait recipe.
Visit our Recipes page for even more delicious desserts, appetizers, breakfast and more! We’re always adding new ideas for parties & family fun! Stay updated on the latest by following us on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter and Instagram.