This Tissue Paper Toppers post is courtesy of our contributor Kate…Summer parties are quickly approaching! It’s time to start planning your summer birthday parties, family celebrations on your patio and block parties. There are so many things to think about when planning your parties, how much food to make, what to serve, how to decorate…and the list goes on. Today we’re sharing a fun tutorial for making cute tissue paper toppers to dress up the straws in your party drinks. They are really easy to create with his short tutorial.
Tissue Paper Toppers – Supplies:
- Paper Straws
- Tissue Paper
- Glue sticks & Hot glue gun
- Make sure you have all of your supplies ready to go. Plug in your glue gun and let warm up.
- Cut your tissue paper into small rectangles (4.5 x 2 inch wide). When you cut, make sure that you leave layers of the tissue paper instead of unfolding each individual layer. At least 4 layers of tissue paper per straw topper. No more than 6.
- Once you have your stacked tissue paper rectangles ready, you will want to cut incisions 1 inch in on both 2 inch sides. See photo.
- Once you have the cuts made, pinch the middle of the tissue and hold firm with fingers. Gently fringe out the ends.
- Use your hot glue gun to adhere the tissue topper to your straw.
- That’s it! Serve in cute Spring beverages at your next event!
Want to change it up? Swap a new color in for every other layer of your tissue topper!