This sweet potato casserole post is courtesy of our contributor Michelle…Today I’ll be sharing one of my favorite Christmas dinner side dishes, Sweet Potato Coconut Crunch Casserole. This recipe is a family favorite and a big crowd-pleaser. This is an easy alternative for the traditional marshmallow yams for Christmas dinner. I make it every year for our company potluck as well as all of our holiday family celebrations. The crunchy topping pairs perfectly with the creamy soufflé for a sweet side dish or dessert.
Sweet Potato Casserole:
- 3 cups cooked sweet potatoes
- 6 tbs coconut oil
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup evaporated milk
- 2 cups crushed cornflakes
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 6 tbs melted coconut oil
- Drain and mash cooked sweet potatoes in large bowl.
- Cream coconut oil, eggs and sugar in medium bowl.
- Add milk, cinnamon and nutmeg then add to mashed sweet potatoes and mix.
- Grease 9x13 casserole dish with a dab of coconut oil, pour in mixture.
- For topping: Combine topping ingredients in a medium bowl, then sprinkle on top of casserole.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Yields 8-10 servings.
Do you have a favorite holiday recipe? Let us know what it is in the comments below.
We’d like to extend a big Thank You to Michelle for sharing this delicious recipe with us. Follow Michelle’s Party Plan-It on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for even more creative & unique ideas for parties!
For more delicious recipe ideas, visit our Family Recipes & Party Food page. For fun activities to play after your bellies are full with all this delicious food, visit our Christmas Fun page for free printable games and activity ideas.