Arrr you ready to set sail on some pirate adventures this summer? Toss over the anchor and grab your teacups for the Pirate & Princess Summer on Disney Junior Canada. In fact, there are a lot of summer specials on Disney Junior Canada this month so grab a pen & paper (or even better – the record button on your TV remote) and get ready for some family fun courtesy of Disney Junior Canada!
Pirate & Princess Summer:
During the months of July and August, your little ones can enjoy episodes of Jake and the Never Land Pirates followed by Sofia the First every weekday starting at 6:30pm ET. That’s not all! Every Monday will include a new episode of either Jake and the Never Land Pirates or Sofia the First!
Need some pirate & princess approved snack food ideas? How about giving these a try:
- fruit on a sword (fruit kabobs)
- secret treasure muffins (muffins with a surprise fruit filling)
- fish & chips (goldfish crackers and baked potato chips)
- canon balls (meatballs)
- iced tea in teacups with tea cookies (that’s a lot of tea!)
- pastry dainties like mini chocolate eclairs, mini donuts, mini danishes
- Mia’s Bird Feed (Mia is Sofia’s bluebird friend) with seeds, nuts and dried fruit
- Crackle S’Mores (Crackle is Clover’s small fire-breathing dragon friend)
In addition to the delicious treats and entertaining shows, don’t forget to visit Disney Junior Canada’s site for free Pirate & Princess Summer fun like colouring sheets, games, making your own pirate hat (don’t forget to add on a big feather!) and making your own princess crown. We’d love to see how you and your little ones celebrate the Pirate & Princess Summer – share your photos on Twitter with @DisneyJuniorCA.
Summer Morning Marathons:
Every weekday morning in July and August, tune into Disney Junior Canada from 8:30am ET to 10:30am ET for a marathon of one of your favourite shows! Here’s how these summer morning marathons will work:
- Mondays = Jake and the Never Land Pirates
- Tuesdays = It’s a surprise!
- Wednesdays = Special Agent Oso
- Thursdays = It’s a surprise!
- Fridays = Handy Manny
Each Tuesday and Thursday morning you could have your little ones guess at what the marathon of the day will be.
Summer Specials on Disney Junior Canada – Saturday Night Movies:
After a day of running through the sprinklers and eating ice cream, a great way to unwind is to grab a bucket of popcorn, a cozy blanket and your family to watch a special Disney movie. Every Saturday night this summer at 6pm ET, Disney Junior Canada will be playing a commercial-free movie! Here’s the July schedule:
- Saturday, July 13 at 6pm: A Bug’s Life
- Saturday, July 20 at 6pm: Tinker Bell
- Saturday, July 27 at 6pm: It’s the premiere of the brand new Winnie the Pooh movie!
A family movie night just isn’t the same without delicious movie snacks. Need some movie night snack ideas?
A Bug’s Life:
- Ants on a Log (celery sticks topped with peanut butter and raisins)
- Hungry Caterpillars (green grapes on a kabob stick)
- Pixie Dust Cupcakes (cupcakes with edible gold sprinkles)
- cupcakes with floral icing designs
Winnie The Pooh:
- treats made with honey like squares or breakfast bars
- Bear Paw cookies
Also, check out these fun & free Winnie The Pooh games & activity ideas for kids.
For the latest news on all the Disney Junior Canada fun this summer, follow the hashtag #DisneyJuniorMom on Twitter.
What are your summer plans?
Disclosure: I’m part of the Disney Junior Mom program and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.