For my son’s first Christmas, I was kind on stumped for what to get him. He was seven months old and had way more clothes than he’d ever wear so clothes were off the list. Some people do more practical gifts like money for his savings – which is great – but I wanted something that he’d be excited to open. His Santa gift was a set of hockey nets with miniature sticks that he still, at 3.5 year old, doesn’t really understand how to use. If you’re looking for a gift for the babies and toddlers in your life that they’ll love and they can start playing with now – I suggest the Fisher-Price Roller Blocks Play Wall.
Fisher-Price Roller Blocks Play Wall:
This toy is recommended for ages 6 months to 36 months so my son is a bit older than the recommended age but he still really enjoys it. This toy encourages fine motor skills like eye-hand coordination and finger dexterity but it can also encourage speech with older toddlers. My son is quite behind in his speech and we see a speech therapist a couple of times a month. One of the things we’re working on is putting two words together like “come here” or “my cup”. While playing with this toy, he started talking about what he was doing. As each block went down the ramp wall, he would say “a box down”. It’s rare for him to talk like that while playing so I was really impressed to see how engaged he was. Here’s a little video of him playing with the ramp wall side of the toy.
The Roller Blocks Play Wall has two sides for play. There is the ramp wall pictured above and the peg wall pictured below. The peg wall reminds me of that popular game on The Price Is Right! When the roller blocks hit the bottom of each side of the toy, they make funny sounds to entertain the kids. The silly sounds are my son’s favourite part of this toy and he laughs every time. Check out the peg wall in action in our short Instagram video.
The blocks all have silly faces and they roll around so your little ones can change the faces on them. This is a great toy for kids who are just starting to sit up as well as little ones learning to crawl. The two sides on the toy encourages babies to crawl to the other side to play. The base is really sturdy too for little ones that are learning to stand up to play.
Want to win a Fisher-Price Roller Blocks Play Wall for the special baby or toddler on your shopping list? Here’s your chance!
Giveaway Rules & Restrictions:
- This giveaway is open to Canadian (excluding Quebec) residents only who are at least 18 years of age. Giveaways are void where prohibited by law.
- Winner will be chosen randomly. Winning entries will be verified prior to contacting the winner.
- Odds of winning depend on number of entrants.
- The giveaways ends December 7th, 2014 at 11:59pm. A winner will be drawn randomly within 24 hours of the end of each giveaway. The winner will be notified, by email, and will have 48 hours to claim the prize. If I do not receive a response from the winner within 48 hours, a prize forfeit will be assumed and a new winner will be chosen randomly.
- I reserve the right to disqualify any entries. I reserve the right to end, extend, or change a giveaway for any reason and without prior notice.
- By entering giveaways, you verify that you understand and meet the prize eligibility requirements.
- Please note that Moms & Munchkins is not responsible for sponsors that do not fulfill their prize. I will not be responsible for lost or damaged items. Replacement items will not be provided. We have represented each sponsor with the expectation that they will fulfill their prize in a timely manner. While we are not responsible, we will make every effort to assist the winner in obtaining their prize.
- Please wait 4 weeks for fulfillment of prize (but we’re aiming to get these to you before Christmas!). Winners have 8 weeks to report non-fulfillment of prizes.
- Once the winner claims the prize, his/her name will be posted on the giveaway page. Your name, full mailing address and email address will be sent to the prize sponsor so they can contact you to award your prize.
THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED. Congratulations to Michelle H.