Mediterranean Chicken Marinade

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.

Did you make a resolution this year to eat healthier? Are you still sticking with it? With Valentine’s Day chocolate starting to hit the store shelves, it can be hard to stick to a healthy eating plan. I’ve kept my healthy eating lifestyle up for almost a year now and my secret is to allow myself an occasional treat. If I were to tell myself that I could never have a piece of cheesecake again, I know I’d never stick with it. My goal is to eat healthy 90% of the time and allow myself to eat whatever special treat I want the other 10% of the time without guilt. The “without the guilt” part is the key there. Remember though, healthy food doesn’t have to be boring. This Mediterranean chicken marinade recipe is both healthy & delicious!

Mediterranean Chicken

Mediterranean Chicken Marinade Recipe:

You’ll want to marinate the chicken for at least 3 hours or overnight. Make sure you seal the bag with the marinating chicken well and keep it in the refrigerator until you are ready to bake the chicken. Discard any leftover marinade – with the raw chicken in there you don’t want to reuse that marinade.

Mediterranean Chicken

I serve this Mediterranean chicken with a healthy Greek salad including cucumber, tomatoes, red onion, feta cheese and Greek dressing.

Mediterranean Chicken

Mediterranean Chicken Marinade
Marinate the chicken for at least 3 hours or overnight. Make sure the bag of marinade and raw chicken is sealed well and stored in the refrigerator until you are ready to bake the chicken. Discard any remaining marinade. With the raw chicken having been in there, you don't want to use that marinade again.
  • 3 chicken breasts, boneless & skinless
  • 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
  • 3 tablespoons olive oil
  • 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
  • 3 garlic cloves, minced
  • ½ teaspoon paprika
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
  1. In a large resealable food storage bag, mix the lemon juice, olive oil, parsley, garlic, paprika and oregano together.
  2. Add raw chicken to the marinade bag and seal bag completely. Shake well to coat chicken.
  3. Put this bag of marinating chicken in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours (can marinate overnight). To make sure there are no drips or leaks, I always place the food storage bag inside another bag before putting it in the fridge.
  4. Preheat oven to 425F.
  5. Remove chicken from the marinade bag (discard the leftover marinade) and place chicken into a baking dish.
  6. Bake for 40 minutes (turning chicken over after 20 minutes) or until chicken is cooked thoroughly.

For another delicious chicken marinade idea, check out this Greek Chicken & Potatoes recipe.

Greek Chicken Recipe

Visit our Recipes page for lots of tasty recipe ideas for party appetizers, family meals and irresistible desserts. Never miss an update by following us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.

Leave a Comment

Rate this recipe:  

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.