I have several chicken marinade recipes on the blog but this one is my absolute favorite! I’ve been making this Lime Chicken for months now and I’ve been telling all my friends to try it – even the ones that say they don’t cook! Yes, it’s really that tasty. Now that I’ve talked it up so much – I sure hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
Lime Chicken Recipe:
Marinate the chicken for at least 3 hours or overnight. Make sure the bag of marinade and raw chicken is sealed well and stored in the refrigerator until you are ready to bake the chicken. Discard any remaining marinade after you remove the chicken for baking. With the raw chicken having been in there, you don’t want to use that marinade again.
- 3 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 3 limes (juice from 3 limes)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- In a large resealable food storage bag, mix all the spices with the olive oil and lime juice.
- Add raw chicken to the marinade bag and seal bag completely. Shake well to coat the chicken.
- Put this bag of marinating chicken in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours (can marinate overnight). To make sure there are no drips or leaks, I always place the food storage bag inside another bag before putting it in the fridge.
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Remove chicken from the marinade bag (discard the leftover marinade) and place chicken into a baking dish.
- Bake for 40 minutes (turning chicken over after 20 minutes) or until chicken is cooked thoroughly.
For another chicken recipe perfect for a family dinner, I’d highly recommend this Chicken Pot Pie recipe.
For dessert, you can stick with the lime theme and make these Key Lime Cheesecake Tarts.