A couple of weeks ago I was telling you about the fun spa party I was hosting. Well, the party has happened and it was a success! We received cute pedicures & we ate delicious canapés with Boursin cheese. By the time we left, our bellies were too full for supper. Now that’s a sign of an irresistible appetizer bar!
As part of the Chatelaine Tasters & Testers, I received an “Irresistible Treat Box” filled with Boursin cheese coupons and other goodies. Boursin is made in Quebec with 100% Canadian milk and ingredients of choice. In this post, I’ll be giving away two “Irresistible Treat Boxes” to two lucky winners! You’ll find the giveaway entry form at the end of this post.
Irresistible Appetizer Bar:
I wanted a warm inviting setup for the party so I went with a lot of white & gold colours with plenty of candles. One of the easiest ways to set a background for your party table is to cover foam boards with wrapping paper. It’s so easy to do and it’s really inexpensive!
Gold chargers were set on top of cake stands to hold the crackers, baguettes and meat. The Boursin cheese sat on a wooden serving tray with gold table knives. I love the way the aluminum corolla also acts as a serving dish! For the Boursin cheeses, I served Garlic & Herb, Cranberry & Pepper and Shallot & Chive. I also used the Red Chili Pepper Boursin cheese with chorizo sausage in the profiteroles. They were so tasty! Find out how to make profiteroles here.
Guests were invited to make their own Boursin canapés with the ingredients on the table like meats, baguettes, crackers, gourmet jams, champagne vinegar, and pickled beets. Everyone loved the food! The Boursin cheese has a delicious velvety smooth texture and I think it tastes great with just about everything! You delicately slice off a piece, lay it on your cracker or baguette and add the rest of your toppings. It’s a delicious way to take your appetizer bar from ordinary to extraordinary.
To finish off the table, I added paper gold plates, gold napkins, gold glasses and flowers in vases accented with gold ribbon. For drinks I served sparkling apple juice. I guess the juice got shook up in the vehicle on the way to the spa because when I tried to open it, the top popped open like a champagne bottle and juice sprayed into the air. It’s a good thing I brought two bottles with me!
Irresistible Treat Box Giveaway:
Now it’s time to give you the opportunity to win one of two “Irresistible Treat Boxes” valued at $250 each! Two lucky winners will win a treat box filled with items to help you plan your own irresistible Boursin appetizer bar.
Giveaway Rules & Restrictions:
- The winner must by a Canadian resident who are over the age of majority in their province or territory of residence at the time of entry.
- ENTRY LIMIT: Only one (1) entry per person and per Facebook account for the duration of the contest.
- To enter the contest, answer the question ’’Which Boursin flavor is your favorite?’’
- You must submit your answer in the commentary box below this blog post. Winners will be randomly selected in Canada on December 7th, 2015 at 5PM.
- If the winner has not claim the prize before December 9th, 2015 at 11h59, a second draw will occur.
- Entrants are eligible to win one (1) grand prize consisting of Irresistible Treat Box from Boursin. There are 2 boxes to win of a value of $250 each.
- The name of the winner will be announce on Facebook and Twitter after the closing date.
- The contest starts on November 26th 2015 at 10AM and ends on December 4th, 2015 at 4:59 PM – Eastern Time.
- No purchase necessary.
- Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the board only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED. WINNERS WILL BE ANNOUNCED SHORTLY.
*Disclosure: I was compensated for this post; however, all opinions expressed here are my own.