I’ve always loved cooking and trying new recipes. My husband is a great person to cook for because he loves all types of food but my dad…oh, my dad…he complains about almost every meal. His favourite cakes are the flops that fall flat, he’ll barbeque meat to a crisp and gobble down every last bite and I won’t even get into his homemade fudge that could crack a tooth. It’s actually quite humorous to my mom and I but I love the challenge of finding a recipe that he’ll give two thumbs up to.
The Great Canadian Chicken Challenge:
I’m excited to tell you about the Great Canadian Chicken Challenge! Don’t worry, you won’t have to cook for my dad. The Great Canadian Chicken Challenge is your chance to showcase your skills in the kitchen. Simply create a unique recipe using the required 4 ingredients (photo optional):
- Chicken thighs (boneless or bone-in / skinless or skin-on),
- Gingerale (Canadian Gingerale)
How Do You Enter? Visit the Canadian Chicken Facebook Fan page and pop onto the Great Canadian Chick Challenge Contest during the contest period – April 24th, 2014 at 12:01 a.m. EST to May 29th, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. EST.
Who Is Eligible To Enter? This contest is open to Canadian residents who are the age of majority in the province or territory of residence at time of entry.
What Could You Win? There are three fabulous prizes to be awarded:
- First Prize – 3 day, 2 night trip for four to Ottawa to celebrate Canada Day with Chicken Farmers of Canada (June 30-July 2, 2014), Chicken Farmers of Canada prize pack, Maple Leaf Foods prize pack and $500 food bank donation (approximate value up to $4,300 depending on winner’s location)
- Second Prize – Chicken Farmers of Canada prize pack, Maple Leaf Foods prize pack and $250 food bank donation (approximate value $425)
- Third Prize – Chicken Farmers of Canada prize pack, Maple Leaf Foods prize pack and $100 food bank donation (approximate value $225).
#ChickenChallenge Twitter Party:
Join us on May 1st, 2014 at 9pm EST for the #ChickenChallenge Twitter Party! There will be a fabulous KitchenAid prize for a lucky winner! To join the Twitter Party, simply RSVP in the linky below using your Twitter handle. You then hop into the conversation on Twitter starting at 9pm EST on May 1st using the hashtag #ChickenChallenge. Make sure you’re following our hosts & sponsors: @SJConsulting_CA @ChickenFarmers and @KitchenAid_CA
Disclosure: I am participating in the Chicken Farmers of Canada campaign managed by SJ Consulting. I received compensation in exchange for my participation in this campaign. The opinions on this blog are my own.