This Mini Succulent Pallet tutorial is courtesy of our contributor Dawn of Revel and Glitter…The summer belonged to cactus and succulent crafts and projects. Now that the weather is turning cooler, it was the perfect time to bring the summer trend in with a fall inspired mini succulent pallet!
The grown-up version uses a real pallet and live plants…and since I can’t keep small houseplants alive, faux is the way to go, no soil and no watering. Plus, this is the perfect size for a first timer like myself and this is the perfect craft for hanging over your workspace desk or part of a seasonal décor arrangement.
Mini Succulent Pallet – What You’ll Need:
- 2 – 8” x 10” mini pallet frames
- a spray of artificial plants that includes succulents
- undyed natural excelsior moss
- gold spray paint
- wood glue
- hot glue gun
- mini wire cutter (optional)
- Spray paint the front sides of the mini pallet frames gold
- Trim off the pieces you want to use from the spray using a wire cutter or heavy-duty scissors
- Once the frames are dry, line up them up so the painted sides are outside to each other and adhere with wood glue to create the pallet.
- Once the frame is set, carefully push the excelsior moss through the sides and the top of the pallet. It will be thick enough to hold itself in without needing glue.
- Insert your faux plant clippings and play around with their placement. Once you are satisfied with the arrangement, hot glue the clippings in.
- Trim down any stray moss pieces.
- If you are going to hang your frame, hot glue a heavy piece of twine to the frame.
There are so many fun options for this craft from painting with chalkboard paint and writing seasonal words on it, to making a Halloween version using darker succulents and replacing the moss with spider webbing and of course, spiders! If you do, oh please leave a comment, I would love to see what you come up with!
Need more fall crafting ideas? Check out our Autumn Market blog hop filled with lots of décor inspiration.
We’d like to send a big THANK YOU to Dawn of Revel & Glitter for sharing these creative ideas with us. Over on Dawn’s blog you’ll find plenty of party ideas for all of life’s celebrations. I hope you’re ready to plan a party because she’s sure to leave you inspired! Be sure to follow her on Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter for even more creative ideas.
1 thought on “Fall Inspired Mini Succulent Pallet”