I’ve always loved planning parties – coming up with creative ideas, shopping for supplies, putting cute personal touches on favours, etc. After every party comes time for cleanup and, if you’re anything like me, after planning a hosting a party all you’ll want to do is rest and not spend the evening cleaning up. With these easy party cleanup tips, you can get through all that cleaning quickly so you have more time to rest and eat all those leftover party desserts.
Easy Party Cleanup Tips:
Party cleanup actually starts before the party even begins. We all want our home looking its best before guests arrive so we spend time mopping the floor, vacuuming, cleaning off those counter tops and putting away all the kids toys. Now that your home is clean and ready for a party, you’ll just need to do a bit of spot cleaning after the party like vacuuming up crushed potato chips off the floor, vacuuming up confetti or sprinkles, wiping up spills on the kitchen floor, etc.
While making the plan for your party, make sure you include items for party cleanup too such as:
- garbage bags for guests to use
- recycle bin for empty cans or bottles
- hand wipes for kids covered in icing
- paper towels for liquid spills
- a handheld vacuum to quickly grab those small messes before they turn into big messes
For the quick spot cleaning jobs, I use my BLACK+DECKER 20V MAX Lithium Battery Powered Pivot Vac. It’s lightweight, battery powered so you don’t have to drag a cord around and the strong suction nozzle pivots so I can easily reach those high or tight spaces. I keep it handy during the party too because there are always a few accidents (like a crushed cookie on the floor) that I can quickly clean up.
I have a central vac system at home but it isn’t very convenient. I don’t want to drag out the vacuum hose for small cleanups and it’s a pain to use on the stairs. This BLACK+DECKER 20V MAX Lithium Batter Powered Pivot Vac is really lightweight and perfect for the smaller jobs like vacuuming the stairs, vacuuming pet hair off the couch, or vacuuming up all those cupcake sprinkles after a party.
To make the cleanup after the party even easier, here are a few simple tips:
- I usually use disposable plates, cups and utensils so I don’t spend the evening in the kitchen doing dishes.
- When unwrapping gifts, I have a garbage bag for all the gift wrap and ribbons.
- For the kids table, I always use a disposable plastic tablecloth so I can just easily scoop up the entire tablecloth and put all the crumbs right into the garbage.
I hope your next party is filled with lots of sugar & laughter! With these easy party cleanup tips, you can spend more time enjoying the company of your guests without worrying about the cleanup afterwards.
*Disclosure: I was compensated for this post; however, all the opinions expressed here are my own.