This brownie waffles post is courtesy of our contributor Michelle...I have been on a mission to find new desserts to make with my waffle iron lately. I recently made a waffle iron birthday cake which was a big hit with the kiddos. Last week, my son and I decided to try using brownie mix instead of cake mix to make a quick dessert. They turned out great, they were the perfect texture and easy to make with the kids. Whenever I make traditional brownies, the family always races to get the corner pieces. With the waffle iron, each piece was like a corner piece!
What you will need:
- 1 box brownie mix of your choice (plus ingredients as directed on the box)
- Waffle Iron
- Non-stick Cooking Spray
- Whipped Cream
- Sprinkles or fresh fruit
Step 1: In a medium sized bowl, prepare the brownie mix as directed on the box (omitting water, additional liquid is not needed), mix with a spoon and turn on your waffle iron.
Hint: I substitute applesauce for the oil called out in cake and brownie mixes. If you like the taste of coconut, coconut oil is a great alternative as well.
Step 2: Spray the top and bottom waffle iron plates with non-stick cooking spray. Spoon the brownie batter in each section of the waffle iron. The amount of batter will depend on the size and shape of your waffle iron. It may take some trial and error to determine the right amount of batter.
Step 3: Cook until steaming stops and then carefully remove the cake waffle with tongs. Be careful, they will be very hot! Place on a rack to cool.
Step 4: Once cooled, scoop whipped cream on top of the brownie waffle and add sprinkles or fresh fruit.
Step 5: ENJOY!
Other fun ideas:
- Serve vanilla ice cream between two brownie waffles to make ice cream sandwiches.
- Make a brownie sundae! Top a scoop of your favorite ice cream with pieces of waffle brownie and chocolate sauce. Add a bit of whipped cream and top with a cherry!
- Top brownies waffles with fresh bananas and caramel sauce for a weekend brunch!
- Add chocolate or butterscotch chips to the batter before cooking for gooey brownie waffles. YUM!
Thank you to Michelle for sharing this delicious recipe with us. Her creativity always amazes me! For more creative ideas by Michelle, be sure to follow her on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram and Twitter.
Visit our Easy Party Food & Family Meals page for even more delicious ideas!