I love chicken pot pie but I hadn’t tried to make it in the past because of the crust. I’m sure the crust is an easy thing to do but I can be a lazy chef sometimes so I just didn’t look it up. For those of you like me who want a super simple yet totally delicious pot pie, you’re going to love how easy it is to make this Chicken Pot Pie with Stuffing Crust. I use a boxed stuffing mix because I love the seasoning in it & it adds an amazing flavor to the chicken & vegetable mixture.
Chicken Pot Pie with Stuffing Crust:
This meal is perfect for the holiday season! It has everything you need for a balanced meal – vegetables & chicken plus that delicious stuffing topping.
I always choose fresh Canadian chicken for my recipes because quality matters! When I choose chicken raised by a Canadian farmer, I know that it’s been raised according to strict safety & quality guidelines.
- 4 chicken breasts cut into bite sized pieces, boneless & skinless
- 3 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup peas, frozen
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 2 red peppers, sliced
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup milk
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 boxes Stove Top Chicken Stuffing Mix
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Cook stuffing according to directions & set aside.
- In a large frying pan, cook chicken with 1 tablespoon butter.
- Once chicken is thoroughly cooked, pour chicken evenly over the bottom of a 13x9 casserole dish.
- In that same frying pan, saute all vegetables with 2 tablespoons butter.
- Once vegetables are done (softened slightly), sprinkle them evenly over the chicken in the casserole dish.
- In a medium saucepan, combine milk, soup & flour. Stir constantly (to prevent burning or lumps) over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil.
- Pour soup mixture over chicken & vegetables then stir well to evenly coat.
- Spread stuffing evenly over the chicken & vegetable mixture.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
Disclosure: I am participating in the Chicken Farmers of Canada campaign managed by SJ Consulting. I received compensation in exchange for my participation in this campaign. The opinions on this blog are my own.