This post on Fun Themes for a First Birthday Party is courtesy of our contributor Dawn of Not Just A Mommy. This post contains affiliate links. Dawn may earn a small commission on any purchase made from products purchased after clicking the links…I love to kick off every new year talking about my favorite first, the First Birthday party. When your guest list consists of littles, a simple activity, fun snacks and a great smash cake are enough to make it enjoyable. Get the party started with a fun invite and then seal the deal by sending guests home with an equally appropriate party favor; both will become perfect keepsakes for your baby book/box.
I love Minted and with their range of fabulous invitations, I’m using them as inspiration for 6 fun themes for a First Birthday party.
Fun Themes For A First Birthday Party:
Making The Band: This party is a noisy one! Babies love to make music, so plan a party around that will guarantee everyone will have a blast. Have plenty of instruments on hand for lots of fun, then send them home.
- Hello! Musical Instruments Invite
- Goodbye! Have musical instruments like these plastic mini maracas from The Land Of Nod on hand for guests to play with and take home.
Let’s Flamingle! If you have a summer baby or access to an indoor pool, this is a perfect theme for your water baby.
- Hello! Fancy Flamingo invite
- Goodbye! Inflatable flamingoes from Oriental Trading are great party decor, entertainment and favors all in one.
Party Animals: Naturally, you will have a house of party animals…celebrate them!
- Hello! Party Hat Animals invite
- Goodbye! Download these free party hats from Caravan and personalize to your party colors.
Winter One-Derland: Have some polar bear fun with your winter baby…
- Hello! Polar Bear invite
- Goodbye! How adorable are It’s Always Autumn’s Polar Bear doughnuts; it’s as easy DIY.
Garden Party: Is your little girl the prettiest flower in your life?
- Hello! Garden Fete invite
- Goodbye! These adorable unicorn floral headbands from Tikkido are so sweet and perfect for little girls of all ages.
Medieval Times: Every brave knight or prince needs to hold his royal court.
- Hello! One Prince invite
- Goodbye! If you have sewing skills, make these dragon tails with this tutorial from Tatertots & Jello! How cute are your group photos going to be?
If you have a special first to celebrate this year, I hope you have been inspired!! Need more First Birthday party inspiration? Check out my Down On The Farm First Birthday and Little Man First Birthday Party, a do-over of my son’s not-so-exciting First Birthday. He is 14 now…
This post contains affiliate links. I may earn a small commission on any purchase made from products purchased after clicking the links.
We’d like to send a big THANK YOU to Dawn of Not Just A Mommy for sharing these creative ideas with us. Over on Dawn’s blog you’ll find plenty of party ideas for all of life’s celebrations. I hope you’re ready to plan a party because she’s sure to leave you inspired! Be sure to follow her on Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter for even more creative ideas.