Whether I’m ready for cool weather or not, it’s on the way. I’m still in denial that snow is on the way; in fact, I just bought new sandals two days ago! I may not be ready for my winter coat and boots but I welcome all the delicious comfort food recipes and casseroles. One of the best ways to warm up on a cool day is with a warm meal like soup, something from the slow cooker or a spicy casserole like these chicken enchiladas.
Chicken Enchiladas Recipe:
This recipe was inspired by the one on the Chicken.ca site. If you’re looking for a delicious chicken recipe, you’ll find plenty of ideas on the Chicken Farmers of Canada website.
- 1 lb ground chicken
- ½ onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 package taco seasoning (mixed with water according to package directions)
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 can (approximately 400 mL) diced tomatoes
- 1 can black beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 can (approximately 340 mL) corn niblets
- 8 small tortillas
- 1 cup cheese, grated
- ½ cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large skillet, cook chicken until no longer pink.
- Stir in onion, garlic, red pepper, taco seasoning with water, chili powder, tomatoes, black beans, and corn. Bring mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Divide filling among tortillas and roll up.
- Put tortillas, seam side down, in a shallow, greased baking dish.
- Sprinkle cheese over top.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until tortillas are crisp.
- Top with sour cream before serving.
Disclosure: I am participating in the Chicken Farmers of Canada campaign managed by SJ Consulting. I received compensation in exchange for my participation in this campaign. The opinions on this blog are my own.