This recipe and tutorial is courtesy of our contributor Melissa...Dreaming of spring? Had it with the cold weather and snow? Here are some spring flower cupcakes to get you dreaming about warmer weather.
Vanilla Cupcakes with Marshmallow Sugar Flowers:
Makes about 24 cupcakes
- 3 cups sifted cake flour
- 3.5 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1⅓ cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place cupcake liners in one 24 count or two 12 count cupcake pans.
- Cream butter then slowly add sugar until fluffy in stand mixer with whisk attachment.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt in separate bowl.
- Add flour mixture to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition.
- Fill cupcake liners ⅔ full and bake 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool completely in wire rack before frosting and decorating.
How To Make Marshmallow Flower Cupcakes:
- 1 bag of Mini Marshmallows
- Colored Sugar
Place the colored sugar in a bowl. Take the mini marshmallows and cut them with kitchen shears diagonally. Place them cut side down into the colored sugar pushing gently then pull them out and put aside.
Frost the cupcakes with the buttercream frosting. Now take the sugared mini marshmallows and place them around the edge of the cupcake sugar side up with the points sticking out and working in a circle. Continue this working from the outside in toward the middle. Once you get to the middle of the cupcake add 2 more sugared marshmallows to make to center of the flower.
Thank you so much to Melissa of Sweet & Tasty Pastry for sharing this recipe & tutorial with us. These flower cupcakes would be perfect for Easter! Be sure to follow Melissa on Facebook for more decorating ideas. If you try this tutorial, head over to her Facebook page to let her know what you thought of it. If you’re looking for a baker in Providence, Rhode Island, be sure to contact Melissa!