This cowboy food post is courtesy of our contributor Michelle…Hi Ya’ll! We recently celebrated my son’s 4th birthday with a hoedown complete with a western town, hay bales and a decked out dessert table. My dear friend Jamie made several western themed goodies for the dessert table including these wonderfully tasty “Hay Stacks”. I had never had them before, but let me tell you, it takes true will-power to have just one!
Cowboy Food – Hay Stacks:
For your convenience, we’ve put this cowboy food recipe into a printable format.
- 1 cup of butterscotch chips
- ½ cup of creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup of salted roasted peanuts
- 2 cups of crispy chow mein noodles
- Microwave the butterscotch chips and peanut butter in a microwave safe bowl at 50% power for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the peanuts and chow mein noodles and blend to coat noodles thoroughly.
- Drop by spoonfuls on waxed paper and refrigerate until hard.
Give them a try! I hope you enjoy them as much as we did; they were a huge hit with the whole gang!
Thanks for visiting and see you next month for another snippet from Liam’s Round Up!
We’d like to give a big Thank You to Michelle for sharing this recipe with us. Michelle is the genius behind Michelle’s Party Plan-It – a blog filled with amazing party planning ideas and inspiration. Follow along on her social media accounts for even more creative ideas! You can find her on Facebook, Twitter & Pinterest.
For more Western Party inspiration – check out these posts:
Collection of creative ideas for a farm-themed party:
My son’s 2nd birthday party with a farm animal theme: