You don’t need much to plan your own indoor scavenger hunt games. Just think of some fabulous hiding spots and then leave hints so the kids can find the next clue.
You’ll start the player(s) off with the first clue that includes a hint as to where the second clue will be. The players will find their next clue in this hidden place. The game continues until they find the prize at the last clue location.
Some fun ideas for hiding places for indoor scavenger hunt clues are:
- stuck to stuffed animals
- inside movie cases
- inside books
- pockets of clothing
- inside a shoe
- inside or on the bottom of a toy
- behind picture frames
- in a cookie jar
- written on a mirror
- hanging from a light fixture
- inside the fridge
- under a table
- outside the window
- behind a door
Here are some fun & free printable indoor scavenger hunt games to enjoy with your kids:
- Dictionary Scavenger Hunt – who knew reading the dictionary could be so much fun!
- Newspaper Scavenger Hunt – a fun game to play during Sunday morning brunch.
- Movie Scavenger Hunt – how many items can you find while watching your favorite movie?
- Museum Scavenger Hunt – a great game to bring along with you on your next trip to the museum.
- Grocery Store Scavenger Hunt – a fun way to keep your kids entertained while grocery shopping.
- Mall Scavenger Hunt – your next trip to the mall could include a fun game with prizes!
- Library Scavenger Hunt – remember to bring home some fun books to enjoy as well!
Where is your best idea for the perfect hiding place?