We’re a few weeks into the new year now – are you still sticking to your healthy eating resolutions? Sticking to a healthy eating plan can be difficult (those cookies in the pantry look too delicious!) but it’s so important for overall health. Although I don’t always make the healthiest diet choices for myself, I make sure that my son eats a balanced diet high in vegetables and fruit. I know it’s important for me to set a good example for him so I’m working on my snack choices too.
Free Healthy Choices Printable:
To help encourage kids to make healthier choices, we have a free Healthy Choices printable for them to use. This simple printable tracks their healthy choices throughout the week like:
- eating fruit
- eating vegetables
- drinking water
Your child can write his or her name on the bottom of the form along with a date for the week (example, Week: starting January 18, 2016). Across the top of the free printable you’ll see the days of the week. Display this printable in a place that’s easy for your child to see & reach. We have ours on the fridge.
Tracking healthy choices is simple. You can use a marker to check off every time your child makes a healthy choice throughout the day. For example, each time your child eats a piece of fruit during the day, they can make a checkmark on the chart. If you can find small stickers, you can use stickers instead of a pen.
You can offer a reward at the end of each week if you’d like. It’s extra motivation for your child to make healthier choices every day.
Cold and Flu Giveaway:
Making healthy choices can also reduce your chances of catching a cold or flu this year. No one wants to miss out on special family vacations, birthday parties, or special events at school because they are sick!
Getting your flu shot is an important step in protecting yourself and those around you. You can go to a Shoppers Drug Mart pharmacy to get your flu shot from an injection-certified pharmacist – no appointment required!
Shoppers Drug Mart is also hosting a giveaway where you could win a Cold & Flu Prize Pack! This prize package is valued at $150 (CAD) and includes the following:
- $100 Shoppers Drug Mart Gift Card
- Life Brand Vapourizing Colds Rub (57g)
- Life Brand Cough Drop SF Menthol
- Life Brand Elect Maint Powder Orange
- Life Brand Electrolyte Maintenance Powder Apple Black Currant
- Life Brand Facial Pocket Pack (3 ply)
- Life Brand Hand Sanitizer
- Life Brand Vaporizer with 5 pads
- President’s Choice Soothed Tea – Peppermint, Ginger & Fennel
- President’s Choice Hearty Chicken Noodle Soup
Simply follow the steps in the entry form below for a chance to win!
Giveaway Rules & Restrictions:
- This giveaway is open to Canadian (excluding Quebec) residents only who are at least 18 years of age. Giveaways are void where prohibited by law.
- Winner will be chosen randomly. Winning entries will be verified prior to contacting the winner.
- Odds of winning depend on number of entrants.
- The giveaway ends January 29th, 2016 at 11:59pm. A winner will be drawn randomly within 24 hours of the end of the giveaway. The winner will be notified, by email, and will have 48 hours to claim the prize & answer a skill testing question. If I do not receive a response from the winner within 48 hours, a prize forfeit will be assumed and a new winner will be chosen randomly.
- I reserve the right to disqualify any entries. I reserve the right to end, extend, or change a giveaway for any reason and without prior notice.
- By entering giveaways, you verify that you understand and meet the prize eligibility requirements.
- Please note that Moms & Munchkins is not responsible for sponsors that do not fulfill their prize. I will not be responsible for lost or damaged items. Replacement items will not be provided. We have represented each sponsor with the expectation that they will fulfill their prize in a timely manner. While we are not responsible, we will make every effort to assist the winner in obtaining their prize.
- Please wait 4 weeks for fulfillment of prize. Winners have 8 weeks to report non-fulfillment of prizes.
- Once the winner claims the prize, his/her name will be posted on the giveaway page. Your name, full mailing address and email address will be sent to the prize sponsor so they can contact you to award your prize.