My son (6) isn’t a fan of chocolate. He certainly doesn’t get that from me! I consider chocolate one of the main food groups and I’d be perfectly happy including chocolate with every one of my meals. Although he’s not a chocolate fan, he loves Oreos. He insists Oreos aren’t chocolate though – “they’re Oreos”. Whatever you say, kiddo. If that means Oreos sometimes end up in our pantry, I have no problem with that. If you love Oreos and chocolate, you’re going to love these Chocolate Oreo Cookies. With just 5 ingredients in the recipe, they’re so easy to make.
Chocolate Oreo Cookies:
For these cookies, I use mini Oreos but full size are fine too. Mini is usually what we have at home and they take a little less time to break into pieces.
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1¼ cups broken Oreos (include both cookies and Oreo filling)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Stir chocolate cake mix, eggs and vegetable oil together until well mixed.
- Stir in 1 cup of the broken Oreos and all the chocolate chips.
- Scoop cookie dough into 2-tablespoon sized cookie balls and place at least 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheet (ungreased).
- Press remaining ¼ cup of broken Oreos into the tops of each cookie.
- Bake 12-14 minutes.
- Let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to cool completely on wire rack.
Can’t get enough cookies? Check out a couple of our other favorites…
Rolo Cookies – with a Rolo baked inside every cookie!
Double Chocolate Coconut Cookies – a delicious coconut macaroon baked inside each cookie.