It’s a weekday evening, the kids are in bed, you’re getting ready to crawl into bed to catch up on some of your recorded TV shows – what do you grab as a snack? Do you go for the salty snacks? Stay healthy with a bowl of fresh fruit? Enjoy a big bowl of ice cream? As I’m sure you’ve already guessed from my recipes page, I’m a big fan of sweets. Cake is one of my many weaknesses but I don’t usually bake a full cake unless it’s someone’s birthday. A delicious way to enjoy cake as a midnight snack (without having to share!) is to make this Funfetti Mug Cake! Yes, you can make a cake in the microwave in less than 5 minutes! When you’re done enjoying your dessert, just put the mug in the dishwasher and your kids will never know you ate cake after they went to bed…unless you leave a trail of sprinkles. Better sweep those up before the kids wake up.
Funfetti Mug Cake:
You can enjoy this Funfetti Mug Cake without a scoop of vanilla frosting or ice cream on top but come on…calories don’t count after supper, right?
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons sprinkles, separated
- Jar of vanilla frosting or scoop of vanilla ice cream
- Place flour, sugar and baking powder in a mug and stir to combine. I use a 16 ounce mug just to make sure it doesn't spill over while baking in the microwave.
- Pour in milk and vegetable oil and stir until there are no lumps left in the batter.
- Stir in two tablespoons of sprinkles.
- Microwave on high for approximately two minutes. The time depends on your microwave. Some are done in as little as 70 seconds but I usually bake mine for a full two minutes.
- Top with vanilla frosting or ice cream plus the last tablespoon of sprinkles.
Love chocolate cake? Trust me when I say you MUST try this Double Chocolate Mug Cake. Oh, so yummy!