My son loves muffins so much that my parents have nicknamed him Muffin Man. His favorites are bran and oatmeal muffins but I’m trying to introduce him to more flavors. He doesn’t like chocolate so anything with chocolate has been crossed off my must-try list. Since he loves pineapple on pizza, I thought I’d try a tropical muffin flavor like Pineapple Coconut Muffins. These were a hit with my picky eater! I loved them too and I may have eaten 3 in one afternoon. Strictly for blog research purposes, of course.
Pineapple Coconut Muffins:
These muffins are really easy to make and take just minutes to prepare. No mixer required – just two bowls, a whisk and a spoon. This recipe makes 12 muffins.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup & ½ cup sweetened shredded coconut (separated)
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup pineapple (bite-sized pieces, drain juice from can)
- Prepare your muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, 1 cup of coconut, and sugar. Stir to mix well.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs with a fork. Add milk to the egg mixture and whisk to combine.
- Pour egg & milk mixture into dry ingredients and stir until well mixed.
- Stir in pineapple.
- Pour into 12 muffin tins.
- Sprinkle the other ½ cup coconut evenly over the top of each unbaked muffin.
- Bake 20 minutes or until done.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes then remove from tin to cool on cooling rack.
- Store in sealed container in fridge.
For more tasty muffin recipes, check out a few of my favourites…
Raspberry White Chocolate Muffins – great for breakfast or dessert!
Stud Muffins with bacon, cheese, garlic and green onions.