I had big plans this year to plant a garden over at my mom’s house (she has the perfect space for it) and work in the garden all summer. Summer is now over and I didn’t make it over to work in the garden at all. My mom still filled our fridge with potatoes, carrots, lettuce, beans and more but now she jokes that I think vegetables come out of the ground washed and bagged. Ha! Maybe I’ll find more time for it next year. With all the potatoes that we’re still enjoying, I needed to be more creative with potato recipes. The Loaded Baked Potato Nachos I made a few weeks ago are still a family favorite. With several of the same ingredients, I made these loaded stuffed potatoes for supper the other night and they turned out so tasty!
These are incredibly easy to make. You could even use baby potatoes to make a smaller version for appetizers.
- 4 medium potatoes
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- ½ cup shredded cheese
- ¼ cup green onions, diced
- 3 tablespoons real bacon bits
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Using a fork, prick the potatoes several times (on all sides) then microwave on high for 8 minutes (turning them over after 4 minutes).
- Let cool for about 5 minutes.
- Cut a thin slice off the top of each potato and discard.
- Gently scoop out the middles of all the potatoes and put into a medium-sized bowl. Scrape the potatoes out down to the skin but be gentle not to tear the skin.
- Put potato skins to the side.
- In the medium bowl, mash the potatoes then add sour cream, cheese, onions and bacon bits. Mash well to mix.
- Spoon the filling back into the potato shells. These can overflow with filling.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes. Serve hot or warm out of the oven.
Don’t miss this delicious recipe for Loaded Baked Potato Nachos.