A friend of my mom’s invited us over the other day to pick rhubarb and boy, oh boy did I ever come home with a lot of rhubarb! I love Apple Rhubarb Crisp but I wanted to try something a little different today so I came up with these Apple Rhubarb Crisp Muffins. They are so delicious! I made them in a mini loaf size but they’d be great as muffins as well.
Apple Rhubarb Crisp Muffins:
They are pretty moist so I don’t know that they would hold up well in a full loaf pan (cutting it would be a mess) but mini loaves or muffins are perfect.
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- ¾ cup sugar, white
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour, all-purpose
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup rhubarb, diced
- 1 cup apple, peeled and diced
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter, cold
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Spray mini loaf pans (8 loaves in a pan) with non-stick cooking spray.
- Beat butter to soften until fluffy.
- Add sugar and beat until mixed.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, until mixed.
- Beat in vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon together. Stir to mix.
- Alternating flour (3 times) and yogurt (2 times), gradually add to butter mixture and mix well between each addition.
- Stir in rhubarb and apple.
- Spoon into mini loaf pans.
- In a separate bowl, mix all the topping ingredients together and cut in butter until you have a course mixture.
- Spoon the topping mixture evenly over each mini loaf.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a loaf comes out clean.
We’re always adding new ideas for Party Food and Family Meals. Never miss a delicious update by following us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram.