Welcome back to Movie Night week here on Moms & Munchkins. Today we’re closing out the week with two Movie Night Games – Movie Snack Charades and Popular Cartoon Charades (simply click on the title of each for the free printables).
Movie Night Games – Charades:
Have you ever played charades? If not, here are some easy instructions to help you get started:
- Print the free games and cut out each of the charades (each white rectangle is one charade).
- Fold these and put them into a pail.
- Split your group into two teams and decide which team will go first.
- That team will decide who will act first (don’t worry – everyone gets a turn to be the actor during the game).
- Team One will then randomly select one charade from the pile and the actor will have 30 seconds to act it out for his/her team.
- The “actor” is not allowed to speak in charades – he/she can only act silently.
- If Team One guesses the charade in 30 seconds, they win a point.
- If they don’t guess it correctly, then Team Two has one chance to guess the correct charade for one point.
- The game then continues with Team Two randomly selecting a charade and continues with the teams taking turns selecting charades and switching who is acting from each team.
The Movie Snacks game includes a variety of different snacks you’d eat at the movie theatre or at home on family movie night.
The Popular Cartoon game includes cartoon characters – some new and some old – for the players to act out and guess.
Don’t forget to visit our Movie Night category for even more fun ideas like additional free games, snack ideas, decorating ideas for a movie party and more!