This s’mores cupcakes post is courtesy of our contributor Melissa…Getting excited for camp fire season? I always look forward to the S’mores! Here is a recipe that can be used year round to fulfill that craving.
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ cups sugar
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1¼ cups buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup canola oil
- ½ cup water
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Line cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
- Sift flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
- In medium bowl, whisk buttermilk, eggs, oil, water and vanilla until incorporated.
- Add flour mixture to wet mixture with hand mixer until smooth.
- Spoon about ¼ cup batter into each liner.
- Bake for about 20 minutes until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cool completely before frosting.
Turning Chocolate Cupcakes Into S’mores Cupcakes:
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 (7 oz) jar marshmallow cream
- 1 cup confectioner’s sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Crushed graham cracker crumbs
- Large Hershey’s Bars, broken into squares
- Cream butter for a couple minutes. Then add marshmallow cream and mix until incorporated. Add the confectioner’s sugar and vanilla and mix until well combined. Frost cupcakes as desired.
- Place graham crackers in zip lock bag and crush with your hands or roll with rolling pin until fine crumbs. Sprinkle each cupcake with the crumbs and place a Hershey’s chocolate square on top of each cupcake.
Thank you so much to Melissa of Sweet & Tasty Pastry for sharing this recipe & tutorial with us. Be sure to follow Melissa on Facebook for more delicious ideas. If you try this recipe, head over to her Facebook page to let her know what you thought of it. If you’re looking for a baker in Providence, Rhode Island, be sure to contact Melissa!