Thanksgiving is such a special time to gather with family and friends to create fun new memories, share what we are thankful for and let’s not forget…eat all that delicious food! The printable party supplies featured in this party are by Amanda’s Parties TO GO and they are free! You can head over to print your own at Amanda’s Parties TO GO – scroll down to the Thanksgiving section.
Thanksgiving Party Ideas – Decorations:
For Thanksgiving decorations, think orange, green and brown with a splash of brighter colors like red and yellow. You probably already have some items inside and outside your home that would fit in perfectly with the party theme like pine cones, apples, mason jars and serving trays. Some other creative decoration ideas include:
- Printable napkin rings around brown napkins and orange plastic utensils
- Printable straw flags on paper straws
- Orange or brown tablecloth
- Wooden milk crate
- Wooden apple barrel
- Decorative or real pumpkins
- Mini hay bales
- Printable turkey food picks for desserts
- Printable “Happy Thanksgiving” wraps for plastic cups
- Printable turkey characters for the front of brown or orange paper hats
A fun idea for a banner is to give each guest a printable “I’m Thankful For” card and have them write something on it that they are thankful for. These can then be secured to a banner ribbon with a mini clothespin displayed behind the food table. Not only is it a cute banner but it’s a great way for everyone to share what they are thankful for.
Thanksgiving Party Ideas – Activities:
For place settings for the kids, each child can be given a printable coloring page and a small mason jar filled with crayons. It’s a great way to keep them entertained while the adults take time to eat and visit.
For a different type of dessert that can also become a take-home favor, guests can create their own candy apples with a few candy apple supplies, melted chocolate, crushed chocolate bars and candy. Be sure to supply bags and ribbons so guests can take home their candy apple to enjoy later.
A simple active game (perfect for working up an appetite for supper) is turkey tag. One person is chosen to be the “farmer” and the other players are the “turkeys”. The farmer has to try to tag each of the turkeys as they run around making “Gobble Gobble” noises.
Thanksgiving Party Ideas – Food:
In addition to the traditional salad, turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy and stuffing meal, here are some delicious dessert and snack ideas:
- Mini pies or tarts – mini means you can try more than one flavor! (Here is a delicious recipe for mini apple pies)
- Apple shaped cake pops displayed inside a wooden apple barrel (The cake pops featured here were made by the talented Sheila of Celebration Cake Pops. These cake pops are as delicious as they are adorable!)
- Seasoned popcorn in mini metal pails
Thanksgiving Party Ideas – Favors:
After the big turkey feast, guests are sure to have full bellies so you may have to send them home with some treats to enjoy later. Some delicious ideas include:
- Carmel corn in the shape of a corn cob
- Microwavable popcorn in the shape of a corn cob
- Candy apples
- A personalized tag listing 3 things about your relationship that you are thankful for
Thanksgiving Party Ideas – Supplies:
1. Cute Scarecrow Thanksgiving Party Supplies
2. Pumpkin Boxes
3. Fall Mini Artificial Pumpkins
4. Cornucopia Shape Rattan Basket
5. Bushel Basket with Red Gingham Lining
6. Slatted Knockdown Crate
7. Caramel Cob Classic
8. Mini Pies: Adorable and Delicious Recipes
9. Libbey Glass Just Baking Mini Pie Plate Set
Did you know that Moms & Munchkins has a page dedicated to Thanksgiving ideas? There you’ll find some free printable Thanksgiving games, decoration ideas for a kids table, loads of recipes and more!
From my family to yours, Happy Thanksgiving!
*Disclosure: I am part of the Amazon affiliate program. All opinions expressed here are my own.