I was recently at a conference and I stopped to chat with a brand representative. Within the first 10 seconds of speaking, he stopped me to ask “You’re Canadian?”. I asked how he knew so quickly and he said it was because of the way I pronounced the word “about”. I didn’t realize I had a bit of an accent but this American picked up on it right away! For all our Canadian pals, here are some fun ideas for a Canada Day celebration. In this post you’ll find Canada Day printables (some freebies!) along with recipe ideas that contain two of Canadian’s favourite things – maple and bacon!
Canada Day Printables:
For Moms & Munchkins fans, I’ve created 9 free printable food tents (click here for your Canada Day freebie):
- Moose Droppings (chocolate covered almonds)
- Beaver Dam Supplies (pretzel sticks)
- Bear Paws (Bear Paw cookie snacks)
- Firework Cupcakes (cupcakes with a sparkler in the top)
- Maple Donuts
- Chocolate Loonies (gold foil covered chocolate loonies)
- 3 blank tents for your other party food
For more Canada Day printables, you can also visit:
- Shery K Designs – The Canada Day printable set is currently on sale for $1.50 and includes an Oh Canada banner, favor box, cupcake toppers and cupcake wrappers.
- Plan F Studios – They have a few different options for printable Canada Day tags & toppers.
Maple & Bacon Recipes:
To be a true Canadian, you have to love maple and bacon. Okay, maybe you don’t have to…but it helps.
Here are some recipes containing one (or both) of these ingredients:
- Maple Glazed Bacon by The Rebel Chick
- Candied Bacon & Chocolate Bacon – The Frugal Mom
- Asparagus & Bacon Quiche by Confessions of an Overworked Mom (Picture # 1 above)
- Breakfast Bread Pudding with Praline Topping by Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Southern-Style Green Beans by Simply Stacie (Picture # 2 above)
- Bacon & Gouda Frittata by Simply Stacie
- Broccoli & Bacon Salad by East 9th Street (Picture # 3 above)
- Pumpkin Cupcakes with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting by Simmworks Family Blog
- Spinach & Bacon Mac and Cheese by Simmworks Family Blog (Picture # 4 above)
- Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Rolls by Simmworks Family Blog
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Kabobs by My Wee View (Picture # 5 above)
- Bacon Wrapped Irish Shillelagh Sticks by Virtually Yours
- Prosciutto Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers by Sober Julie
- Bacon Wrapped Roasted Red Pepper Stuffed Chicken by Sober Julie (Picture # 6 above)
- Maple Walnut No-Bake Cookies by This Flourishing Life
- Loaded Baked Avocado by This Flourishing Life
- Sweet & Easy Canada Day Dessert by Echoes of Laughter (Picture # 7 above)
- Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Chicken by My Organized Chaos
- Bacon Pot Pie by Tammilee Tips
- Maple Butter Tarts by Little Miss Kate & Co. (Picture # 8 above)
Quinoa Granola with Olive Oil + Maple Syrup by Thrifty Jinxy
For more Canada Day celebration ideas, visit our Holiday Fun page and scroll down to July for the Canada Day section. We have more Canada Day party ideas, a free Canada Day printable trivia game, gift ideas for your party hostess and more!
Happy Canada Day, eh!
To meet some other fabulous Canadian bloggers & companies, head on over to The Great Canadian Blog Bash 2013 (simply click the icon below).