Fall is such a beautiful time of year as the leaves start to change colours. Now that the weather is starting to get a bit cooler, what sort of fall activity ideas do you have planned? Here are a few ideas to keep you entertained this fall.
Fall Activity Ideas:
- Check your local area for a company that does hay rides. A ranch in the area may know who to direct you to.
- Visit a hay maze.
- Go to a pumpkin patch and pick out a special pumpkin for Halloween.
- Carve a Halloween pumpkin.
- Bake treats for Thanksgiving or start stocking your freezer with holiday treats.
- Pick apples and bake apple pie.
- Take photos playing in the leaves in your yard or at your local park.
- Bring home some leaves for an easy craft. Simply put a piece of white paper over the leaf and then colour the paper over the leaf…the impression of the leaf will come through the paper to make a beautiful little piece of art.
- Have your children use their creativity to make a centerpiece for your Thanksgiving dinner table.
- Make your own Halloween decorations like tissue ghosts or orange garbage bags filled with leaves and draw pumpkin faces on them.
- Play some fun Thanksgiving printable games – click here for some free printables.
- Play some fun Halloween printable games – click here for some free printables.
- Set up a Halloween haunted house for friends and family – click here for some fun ideas.
- Play some fun indoor scavenger hunt games – click here for some fun ideas.
- Start (or finish) making your holiday wish list and shopping list.
- Decorate your own Halloween treat jar with painting markers and stickers.
- Go through your summer clothes and pack away items that you’ve outgrown.
- Take family photos for your holiday cards.
- Have your children draw special pictures to go along with the holiday cards.
What are your favorite fall activity ideas?